Plans....

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by beforetheworst, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beforetheworst

beforetheworst Active Member

This time last year I was in a homeless shelter. I took an overdose and therefore they then kicked me out on the streets. This time last week...I was in A&E after another attempt. So not much has changed. I spent three days in hospital recovering from it. I've ended up in hospital so many times they just don't care any more. I need to up the anty.

They should have put me into the psych ward last week...they asked me if I wanted to be admitted for a few days, I said no because all I wanted to do was go home so I could try again. I've made it a week, but I just didn't want to do it over easter...

I'm meant to be starting DBT tomorrow morning. I'm absolutely terrorfied of doing it. I can't let myself just do this good thing for myself. I'll have to punish myself. So I'm planning tomorrow, after I've been to DBT to just try ending it.

I had a worker yesterday say to me, why do i bother asking for help? Why bother starting dbt? Which I take as just meaning, just don't ask for help any more. So I'm not going to.

I don't really know why I'm writing this, maybe because I know a lot of you can relate to being like this.....

2. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you can come here and share your feelings. Please PM me if you would like to chat.

I, for one, am glad that you're still here. :IrishDoll:

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you failed in your attempts....suicide is not the answer...
    have you been in the phsyc ward before?.
    well done for lasting the week without harm...
    do you want to tell us more about why you don't want to go on?....

4. beforetheworst

beforetheworst Active Member

Well I'm still alive unfortunately....I'm planning on going down to the beach now and taking a bunch of different things.......

It's been so hard for me to not ask for help. At least if I'm not at home and I do call someone, they won't be able to find me.

I don't even car any more!!
    Have a great life guys!

5. Jami e

Jami e Member

beforetheworst, this isnt the answer to your problems sure it's the "quick fix" but think about it, if your not already in a relationship you could end up in the perfect one in time maybe settle down with a wife and start a family of your own. That Doctor in your previous post shouldnt of spoken to you and told you "not to come back" Do you have a close friend that you can talk to? If so speak to them, i'm sure they are willing to listen to your crisis if not I'm sure someone on here will sit down and talk to you for a few hours, Your not alone and alot of people are in the same boat as you, Just hold on and keep on surviving, You can do it Mate!

6. White_Darkness

White_Darkness Well-Known Member

Dear friend, suicide is NEVER the answer. Sounds to me that you've encountered a bunch of unprofessional tools. You should DEFINITELY give DBT a try because in the long run, it WILL help you and it might save your life.
    Please, please remember that your life is precious. Just as EVERY life is precious. You only get one life (as far as we all know) and you should give it a chance. A real chance.

I know it must be really hard to believe me, but since you're hear, since you're talking to us, that means that somewhere, deep inside, you want to be here with us. We're your friends and we're always here to listen and to help you. I'm for one is always here for anyone who needs to talk and if you want to, you can always PM me and I will try to understand and I will always have time for you.

Just hang in there, buddy. Life hasn't spared anyone of us, which is why we're here, but I think life is worth another chance. Who knows what's waiting around the corner? I'm happy I'm still here, even though it gets really hard and unbearable at times. Because it feels like I'm on the road to getting better (even though it's is one hell of a rocky road) and I WANT to get better. But it took me a really long time to figure this out and I'm still struggling with myself and my problems. Every single day. But I'm determined to find a solution that suits me the best..
    ..And that's why I'm here. Because I realized that I won't be able to do it myself, and since I'm surrounded by a bunch of people who love me but don't know how to help me and how to understand and cope with my reality I had to look for people with similar problems to mine.

Give it a try, beforetheworst. Hitting rock bottom sucks, I know; I've been there and I hated it sooo much. It was killing me. But I found my way out.
    You will too. Take baby steps. Don't move mountains, because you will fail. Take one day at the time. Adjust your treatment to your own pace. Don't do anything stupid. Don't rush anything. But give DBT a chance. Therapy is hard but I'm a firm believer that it's a better solution than meds.

Stay with us and keep us posted.

xx

7. White_Darkness

White_Darkness Well-Known Member

@HappyNeverLiamius
    Okay seriously, what's your problem? I haven't been around all that long but I know one thing, and that is that we don't talk to each other like that around here.
    We're here to support each other. In no way is it okay to tell people that they're "attention *****s" and that someone is "shit" and that someone "sucks".. And it's definitely not okay to tell others these VERY hurtful words: "please kill yourself, OK thanks."

Got that? We don't talk to each other like that around here. Every single one of us tries to cope with the problems in our lives. We all have different problems and different approaches to those problems, but we have one fundamental thing in common: We're here, because we want to overcome our problems.
    At least that's the impression I've got from talking to people during my short time here. I've also noticed that no matter how troubled we are, we try to help others along the way as well.

Your post is just so upsetting, you know that? If you're going to reply to everyone in that manner, I think you should find another forum where you can let your anger out without making others angry too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.