playing down everything you do to not offend men

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by kroque93, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kroque93

kroque93 Member

any ladies feel like they do this ? ever since i got into college i stopped being depressive for a while, burning etc, i could distract myself from my thoughts, it is an amazing feeling. Recently though I'm it an issue?

I once thought my low self-esteem was the culprit of all my problems... Apparently having low self-esteem is a good thing for a girl.

i don't know how to stop being into work... its one thing to put away self-destructive addicting behavior, but dreams get me through everything that sucks? i am not desperate for a relationship but sometimes i don't know if anyone will accept it. I am not into fire starting, i just want to work i guess thats all that does it for me

Why do men seem to care so much btw? Like why do people get so uncomfortable that it is the one thing that matters to me?

Or is it people like this in general everyone hates? Well its not like i want to start a corporation and bulldoze the rainforest but i guess thats what people project onto me... is it true?

How can i not come across mean by working a lot. Why don't we call men nazi's who go through this sort of recovery?

ARe there any ladies on here who have advice? Feel like this? i figure this site is where you'd all go >>
  2. synchrohobbit

synchrohobbit Active Member

I don't really understand what you are asking. Are you worried because you have become a workaholic instead of relying on self-destructive behavior to cope? What is the one thing that matters to you? Men generally don't care what you do at all actually; most people are too self-involved to pay attention to those around them who they don't interact with. I'm still confused but it sort of sounds like you are projecting your insecurities onto other people. Finally, low self-esteem is never a good thing for a girl.
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Honey, I know it can be hard not to measure our behaviour by whether it will or won't be acceptable to others that we have to rub shoulders with. But us playing small isn't going to help humanity any. If people (of either sex) become offended by us, whose problem is it? It's theirs, honey - as long as we know that what we are doing is right - others aren't always going to agree, but then that is because of their own stuff.

You love to work, ..... that's WONDERFUL!! Why should that be a problem to anyone else? It shows up that they are jealous of you, if they try to put you down. Jealous of the success that will come your way because of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.