Practical Advice Please don’t hate me but I gotta ask..

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Do you think that we’re a cry baby for opening up our emotions so much? Honestly though... I feel guilty for doing so and so.

I just saw this word somewhere on internet “no cry baby's allowed at work.” that hit me.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Do you think that we’re a cry baby for opening up our emotions so much? Honestly though... I feel guilty for doing so and so.

I just saw this word somewhere on internet “no cry baby's allowed at work.” that hit me.
Some people are more emotional than others @HappyKitty . I remember my mother saying to me to stop being so sensitive. Lol.

I think at work I personally try to not show it. But they know. I'm lucky to work on a place where I can pretty much be myself, it's not totally corporate.

Maybe it depends on who you're with, I think it's good to be honest, as long as your not with someone who's going to exploit that. Here is a safe place

Do you think that we’re a cry baby for opening up our emotions so much?
No, I think it's good. Like Lane said, as long as you are opening up to someone who is supportive, then it's a good thing.

They could talking about people who complain about their work. In any case, if someone is not supportive, it's probably best not to open up to them.

Dwight

Another day gone...one day closer to death...
SF Supporter
The best thing, to me, about SF is that for the vast majority of us, we're anonymous to each other. We've all been told it's best to "get it off your chest" and not bottle up our feelings, but then when we open up in the real world, we're usually told to brush it off, suck it up, buck up, and ignore our feelings & move forward. Screw that, I want to yell, scream, rant, rave, and get it all out of my system. I can do that here and NO ONE cares! I love all of the folks for that. I've been saved many time by SF just by being able to vent, or cry, or whatever I needed at the time. Then I tend to veer off for awhile, but I know when life starts beating me down, I have a safe place to whine and be a cry baby, and it's OK. I can't say how much that means to me. If I were to see most of you in real life & knew who you were, and what side of me you'd been exposed to, I'd be really embarrassed. But not while I'm here. It's safe & warm here...

"Cry baby" is something that people who are emotionally stunted call people who are in touch with their emotions. Some people are just more emotional/sensitive and there is nothing wrong with them - only insensitive dolts who feel uncomfortable around emotion make us feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00