Please don't take this the wrong way.. (possible trigger?)

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ZombiePringle, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Now this might belong in the religion section I realize that but it is also me letting off some steam from a video somebody just sent me so I think it belongs here as well.. I also realize I will probably get a lot of backlash from some of you because of what I'm about to say but I need to say this...

Everybody has their own religious preference... its one of the things that makes us all unique. We all have our beliefs and others disagree with those. I HATE it when people try to force their religion on me or others. Why try to change somebody simply because they don't follow the same religion as yours?? I see it everyday... "you're not a christian? well why not? don't you realize you need to accept god?" Or "You're a christian? Don't you realize most of the stuff in the bible is false and just made up all those years ago?" Why can't we just accept people for who they are and not what they choose to believe?

Following a different religion does NOT make somebody a bad person. Every religion tries to find ways to discredit other religions and frankly it just pisses me off. Ever since I have chosen to follow a different religion than what my family follows people have tried to get me to turn back to being a Christian. I'm sorry.. but its not what I believe. I choose to follow my religion because it is what I truly believe. That is the reason why everybody follows their chosen religion. You can force somebody to follow what you want them to but deep down that person will still not believe in what you believe. I've seen it all.. a person threatening another simply because they were a different religion, families divided because one family member chooses to follow a different path, groups of people going to war mainly because they didn't understand each others beliefs. Will it ever stop? will we as a society begin to accept everybody no matter which deity they choose to follow. Its not likely at all but I guess I can hope. In the meantime I can also hope that people will just leave me alone about it. I have grown to look past a person's religion and just see them for who they are why can't everybody?

I'm sorry if I offended anybody. it was not my intent at all.. I just had to vent about it a little. I'm sure it didn't even make much sense since I'm actually very tired.
  2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I have to agree.

Religion is such a small part of who a person truly is, and yet people harp on it, as if that is the entire makeup of a person. It's not.

My gf and I have differing opinions about god. We get along, because we both realized there is diversity and different points of view. Sometimes it's hard to get past.

I read her scripture, and stuff like that. She doesn't mine, since she thinks it heretical. But we still get along, because our points of view are different, and that's what makes us unique.
  3. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I don't see why what you said would offend anyone... It's the truth.
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I completely agree with what you said, and I can't imagine why it would offend anyone either. We're all different, and we all have a right to our own beliefs. IT bothers me when people try to force their religious beliefs on each other.
  5. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I thought it might offend somebody because maybe they would read it wrong or something. I don't know. I was tired and mad. lol
  6. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

This is why i kinda think the world would be better off without religion...just my personal belief, religion does more harm than good in my opinion.
  7. Spirit Wing

Spirit Wing Active Member

there is a big difference between religion and faith. religion is generally what gets us into trouble, being a man-made thing. kinda explains it, doesn't it? lol.
    but one's faith is an internal thing imo and if honestly committed to the core of one's faith, it can only strengthen and broaden a person.
    there is a line, i know we're all aware of, when some people take their faith outside of themselves to intentionally harm others, but i don't think that's the subject here...

insofar as what you've said, kankuro, i agree too.