Please explain

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by neverdie, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neverdie

neverdie Guest

Why do people want to die? I’ve lived 50+ years and I want nothing more the live for ever. Sure I get sad from time to time, but I don’t want to commit suicide to escape the feelings. I want to experience these feelings and learn from them and move on. Where other people don’t want to deal with these feelings and die. Can anyone tell me why? I don’t understand.
  2. Chickpea

Chickpea Well-Known Member

I don't totally understand either (even though I'm suicidal)... I guess everyone has their own limits. I suppose that depression is more than just occassional sadness.... its a big dark pit that you are constantly down in, and you can't see any way out. It is every moment of every day, and the days seem intolerably long... and then it is hard to sleep. People just lose hope and can't take it anymore.

But everyone is different, and you can certainly be depressed without being suicidal. I guess it is something you have to experience to fully understand? :unsure:
  3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

hard question to answer without opening up completely. i want to die because i feel that everything i had has been taken from me, i feel that hope doesn't exist and the only escape from the pain i feel is to not feel that pain anymore. everyone is different, some can cope with pain better than others.
    to understand you need to feel the pain from that persons point of view
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

when life has no meaning, the world is so corrupt and fake and globalised and capitalist! argh
    who would want to live here?!
    the people are arrogant morons.
    just arghh
  5. neverdie

neverdie Guest

My world is peachy, I'm working, making lots of money, buying toys to keep me interested, I don't really have time to reflect on my life. No time to be depressed. They say, life is what U make it and I try to have as much fun as possible. I love making people laugh, I make my self laugh by the stupid things I do to myself, and even though I'm over weight, live alone, don't have a wife or girl friend. I still make the best of it and have fun.
  6. MrBill

MrBill Active Member

I like your attitude neverdie. Could you bottle some of that up and send it to me? I could use some of that! :laugh:
  7. Feltthepeace

Feltthepeace Member

No offense but if your so happy, affluent and peaceful why are you "U" on a suicide support forum? Now that I don't understand... People become suicidal for lots of reasons... Rapes, Trauma, PTSD, major depressive disorder, high school bullies, struggles with sexual orientation can and do cause people to take their lives, just check out the memorial section. I guess I just dont understand your intentions for asking that question. Hopefully it's totally innocent and not meant to exploit other peoples pain.
    Peace ;)
  8. mb75

mb75 Well-Known Member

were you raped/molested as a child? or maybe abandoned by your parents? or have you been constantly abused physically or mentally at any point in time? have you suffered from severe depression?, have you ever been an extremely lonely being? have you ever given up onlife because you think there is no point because you are too tired trying? etc etc etc....... If you have, and have recovered from it then I'm happy for you but if not, I am also curious as to why such a bubbly happy person would think of visiting a site for suicidal beings..... are you looking to help us and share some of your bubblyness with us?
  9. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Yeah I like your attitude too, heh

I don't have a job though, I can't buy shit to keep my mind occupied. My life has largely been a pile of shit thus far, I have convinced myself that it will always be shit, and that I will subsequently never be happy. Much of my depression stems from that feeling.
  10. Fawx

Fawx Member

Also, sometimes people want to die because they feel that being here is a total mistake. That this isn't their life to lead. I don't want to get too far into my own issues on this forum yet (I just signed up today and am sniffing it out), but for me, death would be a blessing. You can have a happy environment, close friends, money, social status, a loving family, a lover who truly loves you and a job you enjoy almost as much as the days off you get from it and you can still want to die.
    At one point, I had all of that and still, every morning I'd curse myself for waking up.
    Truly, you have to experience the point of view of the suicidal person to understand things in depth. It varies and it's more complicated than people can really put into words.
  11. -Deception-

-Deception- Well-Known Member

This world is corrupt, unfair and there's no clear and self-evident meaning of life. Life plays many pranks on us, some of which we ourselves are responsible for and some for which others are responsible. Either way, with all the malice and evil in this world it's not difficult to understand why some people simply lose the will to live. After all, none of us were asked if we wanted to live here and thus, it shouldn't be taken for granted that we want to live here. There should be a button at like, age 20, which asks you: "ok, so now that you've seen 20 years of this life, do you want to continue living it or not?" THAT would be reasonable.
  12. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I love your attitude man.:smile:
  13. my grandfather tried to insill that attitude in me when I was growing up..i wish it woulda held:sad:
  14. jryan3434

jryan3434 Active Member

Are you serious? What if you were broke, your dick didn't work, your wife left you and took your children to live with her abusive boyfriend, to whom you had to pay child support, you were seen as a town joke, and so on and so on? This and far worse happens to people every day in this country, not to mention what occurs in other parts of the world.

There are a million good reasons to want to die. There was a time in my life when I wasn't suicidal and had just about everything a person could want. I still didn't for a second have trouble understanding why other people might want to die. In fact when I was happy and respected one of the things that pissed me off the most is when people would talk about how they could never be weak enough to kill themselves. What a joke. Anyone who has ever been in the military or has had to undergo interrigation training knows that everyone can be broken mentally and physically. Some people have a higher threshold for pain than others, but there is not a person alive, you included, who cannot be totally and completely broken down to the point where they want nothing more than to die. Physical suffering is the simplest to understand, but constant humiliation and rejection is just as real. Just because you have not been pushed to your breaking point, how can you not comprehend that it is possible? Can you not imagine a series of events that would leave you with a life not worth living? If so, than good for you, and I hope that nothing happens to you that forces you to lose your almost incomprehensible childlike naivete.

If you think that some, or even most suicidal people in this country just need to toughen up, then that is not an entirely unreasonable position. But to say that it is NEVER understandable is just plain rediculous.
  15. mikeyp

mikeyp Member

To me, it's a bit like asking someone with a broken leg why they can't run. I can't help but get irritated by that level of stupidity. No offence meant at all, but still......
  16. Sasuke

Sasuke Active Member

It cant be explained unless your going through the same things. Life sucks for some and is perfect for others
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.