Please G-d Throw Me A Line

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Sadeyes, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I’m not a deep believer.
    In fact, I cannot even picture you.
    But I do know I need some help now.
    So if you get time,
    after caring for those worse than me.
    Please G-d throw me a line.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Thank you for so much insight in another of your poems, sweetie!
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

and thanks for appreciating them...sometimes, you just have to write what you feel
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs to you hun throwing you a line of hope and healing not God but i hope it works until God sends you one hugs
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You are a gift and hopefully we all catch a break
  6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Sadeyes - you've called and G-d will answer :)

Don't think about the amount of faith you either have or do not have - you have enough to call, and He has heard...... & wants us to start trusting. The words might seem a little strange to us at first as we start reaching up, but understanding does come, just be gentle with yourself honey, and tell God you're prepared to learn how to quietly trust. Generally, he tends not to do the 'Bruce Almighty' stuff (if you've seen that movie) - but He knows what is best for each heart and treats us as the individual creatures that we are - so no comparisons, they aren't very helpful :)
    - in that they keep us thinking "horizontally" rather than "vertically".
    PM any time, always willing to listen honey :)
  7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thanks so much for the gracious offer UP...I think many people have this conflict...I grew up in a family where I went to the orthodox shul (shul means school which I prefer instead of Synagogue),when I could (difficult for a 7 year old to get there). Unlike my poem, I have a deep belief in someone (words are inept) beyond me, and characteristically, unlike other New Yorkers, I do not pray for parking spaces or alike. I wrote this poem for me (of course) but also to give words to others in the middle of the troubled sea.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
  8. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I really hope you catch a break Sadeyes, you care for many and get little in return most of the time. You have a good heart and soul and deserve some good energy and vibes :hug:
  9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I get an enormous amount sweetie...but thank you for your kind words
  10. Syn

Syn Well-Known Member

Most powerful six lines I've ever read. Awesome poem my friend :)
  11. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thanks so much Syn...and let me know if you get one before me...I would be happy for that too
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.