Please give me a task to do

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Bostonensis, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I like to have someone set me some tasks to do & deadline. I need help to reprogram my brain.I learned again how to use both my hands, exercize my digital functioning. I really need this.

2. bEvans

bEvans Active Member

you could spend $150 to buy a nintendo DS lite with brainage and try to get a 20(a simple, accomplishable goal which may slightly boost your self esteem). at least lower your brain age by 5 each day.
    you could learn how to play sodoku and try free puzzles online. 4 puzzles a day, less as you move onto more challenging ones. http://www.websudoku.com/
    you could buy a cheap keyboard or piano along with a beginner's book and teach yourself to play 2 songs each day.
    you could use wikipedia to figure out exactly how your brain sends the electrical-chemical signals to your the muscles in your fingers, causing them to contract in different ways. this knowledge could be used to exercise your "digital functioning" in a more efficient way.

3. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

My son has an old Nintendo,not sure about the DS lite,what is it? I have trouble typing , I was even looking for a sounded keyboard for leftee. I play chess a lot,this is all now I enjoy & Go game. I use to play tennis but my bladder will burst.

My gratitude for sending your thoughts. Appreciated!

4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

The Nintendo DS is a handheld videogame system, the DS Lite is the newer version of it, more sleeker, and slim. Its extremely popular, has sold a lot, available in all electronic stores and whatnot.

5. crosswords!! :)

cookery :)

needlework :)

painting :)

yoga :)

taking up a musical instrument :)

Dunno - my suggestions aren't usually up to much (!) but maybe worth a try?

x

6. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

This is all good if I can find them in Goodwill or yard sale. I lived on SSDI (6234) with a son to raise.Today I went to my bank thinking I still have 40$ so I can get what I need for my colonoscopy on Tuesday it turns out that the bank hold my check becoz of overdraft.The colonoscopy has to be cancelled cos I have nothing to buy those preparations . This is what gets me like ending it tonight. That colonoscopy has been scheduled for 6 months & have to be cancell for not having 12$ ,how pathetic is that? Do you think this is life? This is hell already . I am full of self pity .Some people have everything while others are beyond penniless. I don't smoke,no licquor,no drugs just a very simple life but life is cruel.I have a ver small apt so I can save heat but it did not make a damn difference.No rationalization is holding water for this existence. Tell me it is ok to go now. I have the biggest piece of the pie.I deserve to go first.

7. bEvans

bEvans Active Member

You have a son who needs you. As cliche as that sounds, it really is more than enough rationalization and reason to continue. Obligations
    As for chess...AWESOME! Chess players are always great. I play tennis and chess quite frequently too. Tennis has always been a physical game of chess to me. You should really try websudoku is you like chess. Get your son into chess too, if you have the time.

8. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I play chess & go game at Pogo.com.My SN there is SpillwayP. I can play chess 24 hrs,it doesn't bore me. I need some very highly brain draining activity to remove my mind from my thoughts. I have a lttle pingpong table & also helps but ,chess is the best esp the random kind. Come visit me at Pogo I am always there in the afternoon.I cannot eat anything so the cooking is out.My diet is very very strict. I carry an epipen with me just incase.
    I did my task for today & done 100% .I have set up 3 days plan see if I can follow up.

Thank you so very much. Cruddy day but I survive it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.