Please hear me

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Ash7614, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ash7614

Ash7614 Active Member

It has been years since my last log in on this forum.. The last time was just before a major suicide attempt. I built my life up after that incident and have since worked my way off medication and build a sustainable stable mental health for myself.
    The last six months I have been getting random thoughts of suicide pop up in my head. My moods have been going down and my self esteem is at the lowest point it's been in years. I have been fighting with my partner and on Sunday a friend of mine passed away.

I don't know what to do.. I am so unprepared for the thoughts that I have right now and am angry that this is happening after years of hard work.
    I am so angry and upset that I fear my patience isn't as strong as previous and am fed up with these feelings and thoughts coming back.

I have a mortgage and a loving family that have helped me so much and I don't want to let them down... I also don't want to be here anymore..

Please hear my worries...

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello friend. I do hear you. Life can be frustrating for us. Does this mean we should throw our hands up and say, "forget it?" I should hope not! Imagine if everyone since the beginning of time had done so. No one would be here today. We all feel this way, and we all go through this. A lot of people feel like they are alone. I used to believe this myself,but the truth is; we are never alone. I encourage you to do some soul searching and to pay attention to your soul. Your physical heath and your spiritual health go together. Neglect one and it will affect the other. I am only speaking from experience. Peace be with you and you are in my prayers.

3. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Welcome back. As you know, we are compassionate and will encourage you and give you emotioal support'

I would suggest to post more, and listen to the answers, you might learn the cause of your trouble.

You mentioned you were on medication before. May I ask if it was depression? If it was, depression is a very real disease that can have recurrences
    You might do well to consult a therapist, psychiatrist or other professonal. It may be that medication is needed, maybe something as simple as a hormone or vitamin supplements.

Please stick around and keep posting, we all help each other

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun you have had some tragedies come back in your life perhaps now for just awhile you should reconsider going back on some medication for awhile until your mind gets stable again hun
    Don't wait until it gets to dark okay get the support you need now hun to pull you out fast You beat the depression once you can again with the same help meds and support
    Keep talking to us okay hugs to you

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Ash, I hear you loud and clear :hug: I'm sorry that you are dealing with so much right now. Maybe getting back on meds would be a good idea for now, and see if they help you feel any better. I hope that things will get a bit easier for you soon.

6. Ash7614

Ash7614 Active Member

Thank you for your supportive words. I will be posting more frequently on here as it is much more accessible than my doctors.
    1Lefty: I was on Effexor and Epilem for depression with episodes of mania.

My last resort is medication as I want to know that I've exhausted all other options and made every effort to make myself happier before resulting to chemicals. It is disappointing that it is a life long shadow.
    I will continue to plod along and turn to this forum during negative periods.

Big thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.