please help, i have a horrible virus attacking me!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by fmsquash, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmsquash

fmsquash New Member

Last June I contracted a mysterious virus. I'm almost 100% positive that it is contagious through sexual contact. It a ll started with terrible itching in my lips an joints. I noticed cuts in my lips and bumps all over the corners of my mouth. I have had tons of blood tests and seen many doctors, but everyone says I am fine.

Recently my girlfriend started to develop terrible pain in her shoulders an neck. She can't really work anymore. I am also having shoulder pain within the past few months. My girlfriends doctors said she has Parsonage Turner syndrome and it is viral related.

My symptoms keep coming. Body wide itching w/ no rash, back pain, cuts and bumps inside my mouth, and a sore white tongue.

I feel terrible, guilty, ashamed, and diseased.

I''m runnig out of options because this mystery virus is ruining my life, relationships, job prospects, etc...

I just want to rest in bed all day and drink. Drinking and taking pain killers are the only things that make my pain go away. I just received my degree from an Ivy university and I was excited about starting my life, but now everything is going to waste...

I don't know how much longer I can hold on....

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you are going through all that...I don't have any answers ...just wanted you to know someone cares...
    I hope you'll keep going back to the doctors to get more tests.....

3. TerrapinStation

TerrapinStation Well-Known Member

go to the doctor TOGETHER. Make it clear to the doctor that you are bf/gf and sexually active and you both have these symptoms. He will prob. agree thats a little too strange to be random. If its truly an unknown virus/syndrome you may be sent to a hospital for extensive tests, together. I suggest you go.

4. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

I agree. But the painkiller and drinking are going to cause you pain as well. High amounts of painkillers (especially taken w/ alcohol) are going to cause body wide itching (some people do get a rash, other don't). It is probably irritating the symptoms from the virus and making more pain for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.