Please Help if you can

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Victori@, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I was just wondering if there is anyone who could give me some more information or anything to help me out! I have been dealing with Anxiety for the past 5 years now. My doctors have put me on, cipralex, effexor, wellbutrin and two other ones I can’t think of right now. None of these medications seem to be helping at all. I have become depressed since the anxiety started. I have lost my job, lost my friends, lost any kind of life that I had.

My doctors have never tested me for anything, they just look at me and hand me some pills and send me on my way. I was just wondering if there is anything else that I can say to my doctor that might help! My stomach is so sensitive and I just can’t handle the medications. I’m just looking for some advice on what I can possibly do. I don’t want this anxiety to kill me; I want to fight it with everything I have left. I am just running out of ideas on what else I can do get me feeling better!!

I am willing to try ANYTHING, I always have been. I’m still here and I’m still putting up a good fight.

2. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

See a different doctor or doctors. Basically you need more than one opinion. Get 4 or 6 if you were not satisfied. Also get some councelling. It is not gonna make everything perfect, but it will help and make things a little easier.

3. no point

no point Well-Known Member

Have you told the doctors about it? It might be a good idea to tell them how the meds are making you feel and that you don't feel any impovement in your situation. Also, if you have anxiety, it might be a good idea to find a therapist. it might relax you a bit talking to them about how you feel, etc.

4. Victori@

Oh man guys!!!
    I have been in therapy and Im in it right now! I can't see anymore doctors, this health care system isn't very good!! I have been in therapy for the last 7 months and the doctors know all to well about how Im feeling on these meds!!! They are starting to get mad at me! I have been to the doctor about 6 times in the past 2 months!!!

I really liked therapy. I really like it when your feeling sad and low!! It really does help bring you up! im just not getting the same feeling this time around!

5. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

If you still feel something is wrong you still need to speak up. What about friends/cyber friends? They give support?

6. Victori@

Don't have to many friends left anymore after this illness has pushed me down! Im trying this internet thing, seeing if that will help! seeing if I can get more info!! Im all I have left!! I keep my head held high and keep trying to push through it. Im not a bad person, I have just had lots of bad things in my life!! We all have!! and we all need some help sometimes!

I just don't want to be forgotten!!

:S getting a little emotional!! sorry!

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You can go to a clinic affiliated with a clinical psych training program for low cost treatment...email the CPA or APA for a reference...all the best, J

8. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

hey hun :hug: well done for even fighting , ur like me that way , im too stubborn to give up , i never will , sometimes there s nothing specific that can change things just ur own sheer determination , and i for one will be a friend if u need it during the battle .

trouble.jo@hotmail.co.uk add me if u like hun

keep trying

jo xx

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Victoria. Doctors are overpaid drug dealers in my opinion. The pharmaceutical companies give them drugs for them to prescribe to their patients. You guys are being used as guinea pigs. 'Here try this drug and lets see if it helps.' Have you ever tried meditation or yoga to deal with your anxiety? It might help to clear your mind.

10. Victori@

Well the new therapist that I’m seeing is doing some breathing exercises that I have to do twice a day. The new medication I’m on is really interfering with my thoughts and my perception. I get massive headaches and feel very hostile, and irritable. I have done deep breathing on my own but it really doesn’t seem to help. I’m totally with you about doctors being legal drug dealers. They just keep telling me, ‘hey maybe this will work, have your tried this medication’ meanwhile the meds seem to be doing more damage. Soooooooooooooooo frustrating!!!

11. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

i'll be bollocked for saying this but the only thing that has ever helped my pains and symptoms of PTSD has been cannabis, same with my partner too.

12. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

Honestly, some people may think your statement isn't true but that has mostly been my personal experience. I feel like Mrs. Jekyll vs. Dr. Hyde. omg, I just cracked up.

13. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

Well, it's not that big of a deal to me. Although sometimes I wonder if it's making me withdrawn or I'm isolated in an apathetic sense. I can't escape this wormhole, it's like I can't get off the pills because I will relapse but when I'm on them I am just....super. I'm unhappy either way, I can't seem to figure it out. It seems these pills really kill your response to happiness. I mean you can have true happiness either way, but real emotional physical happiness is like diluted in the medicated mind. So yeah, yeah maybe they turned me into a freaking sociopath. Because that is exactly what I feel like they did.
    The doctors would NEVER listen to me. And if I had to tell you my biggest regret in the whole world? Ever setting foot in a psychiatrist's office.
    The second? Ever being diagnosed with schizophrenia...and I don't even care enough to have a third regret.

14. Victori@

I guess we are just the guinea pigs. I’m hope one day that these mental illnesses will be extinguished. It’s frustrating when doctors don’t take you seriously. I am a happy person now. The sickness I feel everyday, is just bringing me down. It keeps me from having a life and that tends to make some people go nuts! I just hope and hope that one day I will feel better. I keep my head up and keep pissing my doctor off!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.