please help me understand

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by brokensoul98, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokensoul98

brokensoul98 Well-Known Member

i joined last night, depressed, suicidal. after hearing so many others here, i felt horrified at myself. what was i thinking. i then started answering other posts hoping to help others. my biggest problem and please help me understand, why, are some of you cutting yourselves? i'm really not understanding this. there has to be a way to help.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I can't speak for anybody but myself. I cut for the sense of relief and control it gives me. So many things in my life are out of my control, but when I cut, I control it. I have been cutting for about 7 years. But lately even cutting isn't giving me that sense of control that it used to. I'm glad to hear that the forum helped you through a difficult time. Stick around, you'll find that SF is filled with people who truly understand your pain and really care about you. Good luck.

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Eh, self-injury isn't really something you can completely understand if you've never done it. There are quite a few posts in the "Self-Harm" section of the forum, this is a post that I think sums it up in a nutshell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.