please help me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lizb, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizb

lizb New Member

I have been suicidal for so long. I had an attempt 8 months ago and have been on drugs and seeing a therapist but it isn't helping. I feel so alone. I am so scared. I want to get better but I don't know what to do.
  2. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

Start jogging. Or try some other sport you like.
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

What started the problems or what challenges are you facing? Sometimes talking about those or at least sharing the challenges will make it easier to give advice on where to turn for relief or improvement....

Take Care and Be Safe

4. lizb

lizb New Member

I got out of an incredibly abusive relationship. I know that it is what is best for me, but not going back is a huge issue. Plus now that other people in my life are aware of what happened I feel like I am being judged.
    Also, because I have been in relatively intensive treatment for awhile the people who love me feel like I should be "better" by now. I don't feel better though. I don't want to scare or disappoint anybody but I don't want to tell anybody how bad it is. When I reveal that I am feeling suicidal they send me to the hospital which I hate.
  5. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

First of all, welcome to SF.

Abusive relationships are challenging to recover from.

There could be a number of reasons why others would suggest you seek professional support, partly down to not having an understanding or awareness, but also down to knowing it could overall be more beneficial for you to be in the hands of people who could do more if needed.

Do you tell your therapist how bad it is? If so, then the support they should be looking to give you would be more directed to where it is needed. If not, there's the risk of them not helping you in the way you want, and that could lead to you suggesting the therapist isn't good. (It's only a possibility - but how it snowballs all from a lack of information in the first place is something that would need to be reconsidered if you haven't actually said everything to them).

As unfortunate as it is - people are judgmental. They do not always appreciate and understand that others can have different views, and emotional stresses, that they are entitled to have, without an attitude that seems like they don't care.

One thing you would need to possibly be cautious of, is entering into another relationship while in a potential process of healing, as what you are used to, you are likely to draw into you (it's a common pattern regardless of scenario).

You are not at fault in any way for how the other person behaved.

And if you're not ready (I'm fairly sure it would take a lot longer than just a while of 'relatively intensive treatment' to recover), you shouldn't feel pressured to be 'better' if you're not.

One of the best ways to avoid being hospitalized, is to look at what it is you want to do - is there anything that you would like to do within your life? If there is, work with your therapist and build a plan towards it.

And of course, people on this site have had similar experiences - I do hope you stick around and have a read of a few - see if there's any ideas that could enable you to help yourself. Do be safe while viewing though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.