Please help me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ignominiousgirl, Aug 22, 2013.

1. ignominiousgirl

ignominiousgirl New Member

I feel incredibly guilty posting anything on this site about complaints when I have so much others who deserve it don't but here it goes.
    I come from a very complicated and toxic family background, parents who are separated but absolutely toxic and vile to one another and as a result my relationship with my three young brothers is also very rocky. We're constantly getting into fights about trivial shit but they explode.

They all hate me, mom, dad, brothers. Everyone does. I've lost numerous friends over the past year and I can't help but think my sole purpose in life is to bring misery and pain to anyone's whose life I touch or enter, even briefly. I feel as thought it'd be better if I weren't around but I am too pathetic to go through with it. I have no where to turn, no one takes me seriously and the people, best friends, who I confided in are no longer around. I don't know what to do. I do not trust easily.

I'm so stressed and sad that my hair is falling out. Please help me.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Family toxicity can be so hard i hear that hun I hope you can reach out to someone hun a teacher a councilor a church person someone You can always talk here too
    remember you will not always be in the position you are in now You will be out on your own and make a new life for you ok so hang on ok talk here in chat or on forum
    so you can release some of the stress ok hugs
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. First, welcome to sf. Its a good community. So I am glad you are here.
    Second, you deserve to talk about your pain no less than anyone else. And it is a lot of pain. Sometimes the healthiest person in a toxic family can be the one who is alienated the most. the one who is treated the worst. And the one who feels the worst about it. But it sounds like you really deserve help. Lots of good support and help.

So you found this community. Good. Please keep posting here if you can. It really is a good place.

Also, and as TotalEclipse mentioned, is there anyone in your irl local community who you might be able to talk to in person? Perhaps a school counseller? I do not know how old you are. But sometimes there are teen meetings if you are a teenager. Something like ala-teen if one of your family members drinks too much. Everyone there comes from a toxic family. There are often other resources also if you live in the United states. I do not know too much about what other countries have avaialble.

Please dont give up on yourself. And please do not judge yourself through the eyes of your family members. Sometimes the healthiest family member can be effected in the greatest way by the unhealthy structure and the damages it causes.