Please help me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nowhere, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nowhere

nowhere New Member

I want these feelings to go away. I don't really want to die but it seems like the only option.

I live 1000km away from my family, I have no friends, my ex-boyfriend commited suicide a few months ago and I found him hanging, uni's going shit and I'm going to fail, I'm fat, I'm unhappy and I'm ugly. My new boyfriend can't cope with me anymore and is out almost all the time because I'm so fucked up.

I have no-one to turn to. I have isolated myself from the few friends I did have, I can't turn to my boyfriend, because we're on a break because he can't cope with my depression. If i turn to him I'd never get him back.

Suicide seems really to be the only option. I wish I could sort out my life, but I don't know where to start.

I want my mum to look after me and make me better.

Love, nowhere.
  2. It sounds like you've got it pretty bad.

But .. No-one is ugly, ugly is when you're a bad person on the outside and the inside, and from what you just wrote, you seem like you care about others more than yourself. That alone makes you a beautiful person. You just need to believe that. Also, it's very sad to hear about your ex-boyfriend,sorry. You're new boyfriend doesn't sound like he deserves you though. If he cannot accept the way that you're feeling and he doesn't want to even talk to you about it then maybe you'll be better off without him anyway. I've been through a similar situation with my boyfriend and it really helped us once we went through it together. Maybe you should try it with him? If he doesn't like it then move on hun.

If you ever wanna talk, you can leave me a private message.

3. nowhere

nowhere New Member

Thank you. He probably doesn't deserve me but he's all I've got. I live with him, and I currently don't have an income so I can't move. In an ideal world I'd get slim and pretty and stuff and then tell him to stuff himself, but I can't. I don't have the willpower to change.

You're a sweet heart.

Love nowhere xx
  4. Freddy

Freddy Guest

Have you thought of talking to a professor or consoler at your univ. You can just tell them you have been feeling depress alot. Talk to someone! Talk to an understanding staff member and see if she can get you to someone that can help. If worst comes to worst hit 911.

As for being fat. You can change that. Its not fixed in stone. There are many ways out of it. I've known people who have done it. Even Opra has lost weight when she had it for decades. Yes you can do it too.

If you fail in univ you can always take it again. I know a friend he fail so many times at univ but eventually he got through. Theres also other options besides Univ theres also colleges or trades.
  5. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hi there,

Sorry my reply to your post is late, how are you doing now?

I'm so sorry that things are so tough for you at the moment.. it sure does sound like you're going through so much all at once. I'm glad that you have found this forum and reached out here though, and I do hope that it helps to have a safe place where you can come and talk to people who have been/are going through similar feelings.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your boyfriend. That must be incredibly difficult for you - are you in any counselling or anything? I wonder if this would help, to talk about your feelings with a trained professional? When I was at university I was depressed and I saw the college student counsellors, they were very good.. and free! Would this be a possibility for you?

I hope things between you and your current boyfriend improve also. I guess it's hard for people who have not been through depression to fully understand what it's like.. have you tried explaining to him how you're feeling? Maybe buy him a book about depression, or be honest with him about what he can do that would help you right now. Sometimes when people don't know how to help, they can distance themselves instead.

Please keep writing here too if it helps.. we're here for ya
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.