please help me..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by wanttodie, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

I have noted a few weird things about my thought patterns. Please help me to identify what is really wrong with me..

1. I do not seem to have a constant opinion on anything. I wake up cursing god and then by evening I tend to have a religious inclination. Then after a few hours I find myself cursing god again for my miseries.The same thing with politics, view on the society, parents, and even myself. Basically everything. My mind is always wandering and thinking about some stupid shit in this world.

2. I tend to obsess about very foolish things and I'm superstitious which makes things worse. eg: I feel that I must close the tap properly or else some thing bad will happen..or I always set the TV channel number to 99 before I go to sleep. If I don't then I feel guilty. I feel its a matter of life and death as if the channel number determines the number of years I will live. I know this is insane but this is how it is. Its a waste of time really. This has hampered my way of living to a large extent because there are constant thoughts conflicting in my mind.

3. I cannot read books. I haven't read a single book in my whole life. When I was studying computer science at university, I would just go through concise notes or may be just go through the highlighted portions of a book. I used to be amazed that other students can read about 100 pages in a day whereas I can read 20 at the most with a lot of difficulty. I just can't concentrate for more than an hour.

4. I lust after girls. I feel bad because I can't see myself as loving them or feeling for them but I only want sex ? I fear that I have become a sick pervert.

2. Although your activity might not be considered entirely "normal", I think these ailments are more common than you think.

It might be that you're a bit ADD; it seems like you have trouble keeping your mind on one thing for a long amount of time, which is a symptom. Thinking in general isn't a bad thing; having your mind wander is perfectly "normal", as is being indecisive. However, the bit about reading is where the short attention span starts to hinder your ability to function. The channel flipping and other superstitions sound almost like OCD, which is also rather common.

I'm really in no position to be giving a diagnosis, though. If all of this is really conflicting with your everyday life, I'd suggest consulting your doctor about it. There are a lot of different methods for fixing these kinds of things. And don't think that you're crazy or anything, either; if you really were crazy you wouldn't think anything was wrong.

And as for the sex... To be honest, I think everybody is like that at times. If you're only thinking about sex with the girls and not actually using them for sex, it's not a problem. If you're not looking for a relationship right now, that's just how it is. If you really are hoping for love, though, and are finding that you're unable to feel anything for others, you might consider counseling, or posting about it on this forum again.

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It seems like your mind is figuring things out. It's totally ok to wonder and to question yourself and things in life.
    Also there's nothing wrong to lust after the opposite sex. It doesn't make you a sick pervert in any way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.