Please help me.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by TK0120, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK0120

TK0120 New Member

I need help, Im 17, Im in the 11th grade this year...Ive had so much trouble in school that my mom is ready to just give up on me and make me take those GED classes so I can just hurry up and get my diploma. I have been told I have many social disorders, ect. I dont fight or anything in school I just cant seem to function around many people too well..I get good grades and have done home tutoring for two years.

Please someone tell me what my options are as far as other schools, other ways of getting my diploma or I'm done. I cant live or make anything out of myself in life without my diploma, all my tries of killing myself, all my threats, ect. before I got to this point were just cries of attention but I know it's almost too late now and if I cant get my diploma I might as well be dead.
  2. Robin

Robin Guest

Hi TK, welcome to the site :) Different things become more or less important as we grow older, sometimes we fixate on things that we know will make our life worthwhile where in fact we seem to manage fine without them.

You seem pretty intelligent from what you've described so I have no problems imagining you passing a diploma should you have the opportunity of taking one :)

Is it really your diploma you are worried about or is there an underlying issue you are unwilling to face?
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

If social issues are the main problem you could look into the possibility of taking your high school classes online. There are approved programs that do allow you to get a hihg school diploma if you meet the qualifications. Getting your GED also opens doors. You can still go on to get a post graduate degree. Many colleges and universities also offer the opportunity of degrees online. You need to be careful that it is an accredited program though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.