Please help me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Borrowed time*, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

I didnt want to do this but Im scared
    Its the middle of the night, woke up and the first though on my mind is I NEED to die. Totally irrational I know. I don't know what to do, I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm not going to do anything but my heart is racing I can't get back sleep. This has never happened to me before, I dont know what's wrong.
  2. JRM

JRM Member

I've had that happen to me. Take a few deep breathes first of all. And then start sorting through your mind. Ask yourself WHY? And defend the notion that those thoughts AREN'T true-- the fact that it scares you makes me believe that you aren't quick to accept it as this thing that really needs to happen. Stay in control for now. If you have someone there, a family member, whoever-- if you can talk to them then do it. Call a friend. Turn on the TV. Don't leave yourself all alone feeling that way if you can avoid it. And we are here for you.
  3. Aphorism

Aphorism Well-Known Member

Try to focus... Do you have any idea why you might be feeling this way? Any triggers that happened today? There's gotta be something, just don't give into the urges.
  4. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

panic attack. i think it will pass.
  5. Borrowed time*

No nothing
    I had a stressful day at work, no worse than usual but this has never happened before.
  6. Borrowed time*

I hope it passes soon
    Can they happen for no reason?
  7. dannyleno

dannyleno Member

i think its quite natural to think of killing yourself. i think about it most days but in the end i decide not to. life will kill us anyway in the end. i sometimes think that we are lucky to be alive at all - the alternative of experiencing nothing ie death is always a possibility and will one day happen even to the most ardent lover of life.

in the end i think we suffer because of our relations to other people. if they change we tend to feel different about things.

like jxdama said - these feelings tend to pass. the feelings arise, they peak and then they pass.

i hope you feel better soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.