Please help my friend is gona kill him self!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by katiebartlett10, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katiebartlett10

katiebartlett10 New Member

What should I do?!?!?!

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You phone his family you phone the crisis line and tell them and get help rather safe t hen sorry okay you do w hatever it takes to get himor her help needed to stay alive

3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi Katie,

Like total_eclipse said above, please get help for him - you can do so by phoning family members, crisis/emergency services, etc... whichever option is available to you and effective in getting him attended to ASAP.

Take care,

Alex

4. jlc20m

jlc20m Well-Known Member

:agreed:!!! If the danger is immediate, call 911 (or whatever is the emergency number in your area) or take your friend to the emergency room yourself. Otherwise, encourage him to call a crisis line or a therapist (if he has one). His family needs to be contacted as they must know what is happning with him. Good luck.

jlc20m et al

5. crystalclear

crystalclear Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone, get him some help... and whatever happens make him feel that he's not alone and that he is loved
    All the best for you and for him...

6. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

consider your options further, when a 'friend' got the 'authorities' involved for me I just wanted to do it more because I was angry at having my liberty taken away and being treated paternalistically...it will set some people off and be counterproductive. some people dont seem to mind it as much.

please provide more detail about the situation.

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

when someone says they are going to kill themselves one does not take that lightly at all one takes it very seriously as stated i did not react i did not call fo rhelp and my bro is now gone if i had called authorities he would still be here i regret not doing what was necessary till this day.

8. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

Get help for sure. You don't wanna just assume they're playin around.

9. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

dont think for one second that im taking this 'lightly'.

you dont really know if thats true. sometimes, people actually get angry at being forced into a hospital. for some, it makes them MORE likely to kill them self. ultimately i believe it should be peoples choices, and we should try to be more supportive during the time we have left. usually were not and its too late, so we try to get them 'help' that just hurts them more.

10. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Katie. If you think that he is truly serious about killing himself then call 911 and say that your friend is suicidal and needs immediate help. If you think that it's just a cry for help, then talk to him about why he is feeling like that. Not everyone who says they're suicidal actually is, but if you do nothing and he takes his life, then you will never forgive yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.