Please help with confronting/dismissed!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LL1, Mar 20, 2016.

1. LL1

LL1 Active Member

What would you say to someone who is constantly turning away when I begin to speak? It's my realtor and we must communicate about strategies, etc. I feel unheard & totally dismissed by her, and yet I listen to what she needs to say! I can't stand it anymore & it's making me feel even more depressed & drained each time that I try to communicate with her. I need the words here... I'm at the end of my rope. Thanks
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Would it be possible for you to actually confront her and ask her 'Are you listening to me, I don't feel like you hear me'. You deserve the respect of being heard from anyone.
  3. LL1

LL1 Active Member

Thanks but I need to use different words bec it's clear that she's not listening to me by turning away. I want to try & get to the bottom of this as its constant. Set a boundary in some form? Is there another way to confront her?
  4. LL1

LL1 Active Member

If I say the words that you recommend, she'll just say, "yeah, I hear you" when she's being rude & dismissive by looking away, not responding, and sometimes even walking away when I'm in mid sentence! I can't stand it anymore but I don't know what to say?