Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am suicidal every day because i have lost everything. I want to take my own life at 46 but at the same time want to live. I have lost my career, partner, friends , family, home. No prospects, no future, no pension, nothing. What is there to live for now. If I die now or in40 years what difference will it make?

juicy

I am suicidal every day because i have lost everything. I want to take my own life at 46 but at the same time want to live. I have lost my career, partner, friends , family, home. No prospects, no future, no pension, nothing. What is there to live for now. If I die now or in40 years what difference will it make?
Before you had your career, you had a future. If you didn't have one, you wouldn't have eventually established a career for yourself. You also wouldn't have had a partner, (new friends, if you met new ones) or anything else that your the future would eventually bring you. You had a future once, and you'll have one again. But you won't have one if you kill yourself.

Before i had a prosperous future now it looks bleak. No career, home,pension, partner friends. A life of remorse, guilt, resent, bitterness. Any reason to live the rest of my life like this? When we die there is nothing. So what does it matter when we die?

juicy

Before i had a prosperous future now it looks bleak. No career, home,pension, partner friends. A life of remorse, guilt, resent, bitterness. Any reason to live the rest of my life like this? When we die there is nothing. So what does it matter when we die?
Well you have to ask yourself "do I want things to get better?" and if the answer is YES, then you have to ask yourself, "will killing myself make my life better?" The answer is obviously NO because there is no life TO get better. You won't be alive. So really it's just a matter of what you want for your life. If deep down you know that you do want a happy life, the last thing you should do is kill yourself. You can't have a happy life if you don't have life lol you get what I mean? Or at least suicide should be the LAST thing on your list. If you have to have it as an option, make it the very last thing. It's unrealistic for me to ask you to just not consider it because you probably will anyway, what I am asking you is to consider OTHER ways of solving your emotional issues. Look, I'm 22. I dropped out of high school because of overwhelming expectations. I would KILL to have a career like you. I haven't even finished college. I feel like an embarassment to my mother because I didn't finish school, and I don't have a career. I've felt so much guilt over that....if I know I have a future with no college degree, no home (I'm also homeless at 22) no pension, no nothing, I know you do.

Besides, if when we die there is nothing, well, there is nothing for YOU right now. That's what you're saying. That you essentially have nothing. So what's the point of putting yourself through the pain of dying if you're, in many ways, already dead on the inside? It's better to be the Walking Dead than to actually be dead. At least if you're the Walking Dead things can get better.

Just saying.

My main issue is i cannot switch my mind off. Given that i have lost everything it will plague me forever. I will be the butt of peoples jokes and the ‘ you deserve what you got’ crowd. I cannot cope with the shame. I am ashamed of my self pity but am drowning in it. Idoubt i will ever shake it off.

exkend

fu*k them. All of this has brought you to this precious truth. Survive because your life is now worth so much more then before. You are a lighthouse for those who walk in your footsteps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00