Please help..

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by HelpMyHusband, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelpMyHusband

HelpMyHusband New Member

My husband has had issues with cutting and self-harming for many years, longer than the 10 years we've been together. For awhile he seemed to be doing better but recently I made some poor choices and now he's relapsed into self-harming and suicidal thoughts. He's seen therapists/counselors in the past and they didn't seem to help and I've tried everything I can to show him my love and support but it doesn't seem to be enough. It doesn't help that he's on the road as a long-haul trucker and I'm stuck here at home away from him for weeks or months at a time which doesn't help in the slightest. I don't know if I can save my marriage, but I am desperately trying to see if there's anything I can do to help him as an individual.. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anything that helped them or someone they loved?

2. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Did he see a psychiatrist? Depression is a sickness that can be controled with medication.

Good luck

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Just being there for him and having him know you care can mean an awful lot to him. Therapy might not have helped in this past but that doesn't mean it won't help now, he might be in a different state of mind now. Has he dropped hints that he is getting more depressed? Remember you have to look after you as well and I wish you both the best of luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.