Please help.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Anna09, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anna09

Anna09 New Member

I have suffered from mental health issues for the last 16 years. I am on a high level of medication & am constantly in & out of various therapies. I attend all therapies I am advised to & take my medication as prescribed & always have done but I'm not getting any better. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel I have nothing to look forward to & that no one really cares. I am constantly working to get over my illness but there's no reward at the end of it- within a few months I'm back to being depressed again & it's getting exhausting. I'm losing the will to try anymore. I can't hold down a job & I feel like I haven't achieved anything in my life, despite the fact every day is a massive effort. I don't know what I'm fighting for anymore. I just want something to show me that life is worth living but it just seems like there isn't anything.

2 people like this.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry it has been such a long difficult struggle for you. It certainly sounds like you are doing your part and deserve a break and some reprieve from the constant struggle. It is hard when you are actually doing the things they suggest and it is not yielding a benefit. While I can't fix anything from here I can say I care and am here if you want/need to talk.

Take Care and Be Safe
    - Ben

2 people like this.
  3. Williamstuckinarut

Williamstuckinarut Well-Known Member

Hi Anna I'm sorry you are so down today. Hang in there though, one thing that gives me strength is the mistery of what is yet to happen. I'm sure there is something you can look forward to. That, plus the little steps I make to better myself. It's not much compared to the pain but I find it's enough
    All the best,
    Will

2 people like this.
  4. Anna09

Anna09 New Member

Thank you guys. I feel a little better now. I just get really strong urges at times when I'm alone & I feel very overwhelmed. They do pass but usually come back again a day or so later- it's just resisting the impulse to act for those few hours.Thanks for giving me a place to vent when I get that urge xx

3 people like this.
  5. NYJmpMaster

You are welcome to vent anytime and feel free to stop by and just chat anytime you like as well. Take care of you (hug)

2 people like this.
  6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Anna, welcome to the forum. I saddened by your post as we all suffer in one way another. Please keep posting as you are important here.

2 people like this.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

A lot of us feel this way. Every day is a huge effort and all for what? It's for those special moments in life we'll never get back if we don't hold on to them, or aren't here for them. I am sorry you are feeling the way you are. I see you have tried multiple thins to get better but please do not give up now. Keep fighting the battle. make today a special day as you never know what's around the corner.

2 people like this.
  8. Anna09

Anna09 New Member

Thank you for this. It's easy to forget that special things can happen at any time- tomorrow could be a wonderful day. There are times when I'm just so tired of fighting I can't see any positivity ahead of me. x

9. NYJmpMaster

To be very honest- and I am not sure if it is positive or negative outlook overall- I gave up on the idea of miracles and miraculous change in circumstance/situation some years ago. I am aware it is not ever going to be "all better and all okay" for me and never will be at this point in my situation which is different than yours albeit. But i no longer really mind the fact that there will not be perfect days - I have absolutely figured out so long as I manage to get up and do something I can find SOMETHING that is wondrous or amazing every day.

I don't need all 24 hours to be perfect or even 8 hours- I am satisfied with looking and finding the bright spots that occur spontaneously whether it is laughing with a friend on here, watching my animals do something cute, hearing one of the kids say something that surprises me, noticing the plant on the window sill I thought had died has a new green shoot coming up... there is always the next really nice and beautiful thing, just like there is always the next letdown and pitfall.

I learnt a long time ago no matter how good things go that something bad is going to happen again - that was really easy to figure out and many focus on it, I certainly did for several years and decided for a while it doesn't matter if there is good times because then something bad happens and ruins it - but that is simply life. Things got better when I finally figured out the opposite is true as well so long as I was not burying myself in the bedroom with the lights off and door closed. Something good and really nice always happens along when things are bad too, so long as our eyes are open enough to notice it. That is also life.

2 people like this.
  10. James wayne

James wayne Member

Pain is inevitable , suffering is optional , sometimes we take things in a wrong way , we unknowingly multiply our sorrows . feel free to talk pal we all here are in same shoes to same destiny with different paths .

2 people like this.
  11. etnevel.asok

etnevel.asok Member

Hi Anna, I'm so sorry hearing you are feeling bad. I can't really imagine on what are you going through now. But please help us with some more information about you to help you. As myself I'm not a doctor or something just a lonely guy, but hopefully I can be on your help with some advice being happy in future. What are your life conditions ? Why you can't feel happy. Are you single or alone ? Please provide some details to let you know better !

2 people like this.
  12. Anna09

Anna09 New Member

Thank you all so much for your help & advice. x Really appreciated. I am in a much better position than most. I have a really supportive partner & family close by. Although we struggle for money with me off of work, we can afford to pay our bills & eat. We recently relocated to another part of the country where we are quite cut off from things & I don't have the same distractions I had back in the city when I was feeling very low. Although we aren't living a wonderful, carefree life by any stretch, the lack of any 'real' problems make me feel guilty for being so unhappy & ungrateful.

13. etnevel.asok

etnevel.asok Member

Sounds great that things are going into a good directions somehow. The life if nice if you have a good partner and family who gives support for you ! But any time you feel down just come here and let us know. Writing out from you makes much easier !

2 people like this.
  14. NYJmpMaster

It did not sound like no "real problems" to me... problems are whatever are bothering us or making things difficult or causing it hard to find the more lasting happiness we want. We cant measure our problems against another persons any more than we can measure our happiness. A nice house and luxury car don't disqualify people from "depressed" and you don't need trauma and tragedy either- all going to prove that depression like all mental health problems are as equal opportunity as any biological disease like flu or cancer. No cause to feel guilty - I just hope you start feeling better and find ways to hang on to it longer....

2 people like this.
  15. Hi Anna. I'm new too and understand a lot of what you're going through. I've been on a dozen meds myself (currently on a cocktail of four), as well as CBT and ACT therapy, and still struggling with the depression. I keep going for my husband and my cats, my fur-babies.

Hugs to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.