• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

please help

I posted this in the self harm chat but I’m about two seconds away from doing something right now. I am really struggling tonight. I was working on a painting project to calm me down because I’ve been on edge the past two weeks. I found a brand new set of razors from my work drawer. I don’t even remember buying them. It’s been seven years (from this march) that I’ve been clean. I feel like I physically can’t take it anymore. It’s such an overwhelming urge to cut again. I took red paint and mad dashes all over my arms to see if that would make me feel better but I think it’s just triggering it more so I washed it off. If anybody has any advice, words of encouragement, ANYTHING I’m in dire need.

anon87

I posted this in the self harm chat but I’m about two seconds away from doing something right now. I am really struggling tonight. I was working on a painting project to calm me down because I’ve been on edge the past two weeks. I found a brand new set of razors from my work drawer. I don’t even remember buying them. It’s been seven years (from this march) that I’ve been clean. I feel like I physically can’t take it anymore. It’s such an overwhelming urge to cut again. I took red paint and mad dashes all over my arms to see if that would make me feel better but I think it’s just triggering it more so I washed it off. If anybody has any advice, words of encouragement, ANYTHING I’m in dire need.
I’ve felt this way all day. Doctors performed blood letting on patients for centuries. Sometimes I wonder. Snapping rubber bands on my wrist sometimes helps or drawing/painting on my legs or arms. Falling asleep and waking up.

snowraven

Still not great. I haven’t done anything yet and honestly I’m surprised. But I’m still in overwhelming pain.
Sorry to hear you are struggling so much. Here if you need to talk about things. Hope you can find the strength to overcome these urges and return to the painting project. Best wishes

Hi @flowers19. I'm sorry you're feeling this bad.

Doing something to distract ourselves can be an effective way to take our mind off something bothering us. It's amazing that you've been clean for 7 years. I would recommend disposing of the razors in order to keep yourself safe. Is there someone you can call to talk to about the way you are feeling?

Stay safe. I hope you can feel better soon. Sending hugs *brohug.

Sorry that you're going through this Flowers

I'm not sure if you've seen these already, but there are two pinned threads at the top of the Self-Harm Forum that might be worth checking out.

https://www.suicideforum.com/community/forums/self-harm-substance-abuse.44/

The links in my signature might be helpful, in particular the acupressure self-massage.

I recommend that people try acupuncture for pretty much any chronic condition for which conventional medicine doesn't have good and sufficient treatments for.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00