Please Help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Desiringpeace, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desiringpeace

Desiringpeace New Member

I need a reason to wake up in the morning and get out of bed. I don't feel like there's anything anymore. I tried to talk to my boyfriend, but he just tells me that if I don't get out of bed in the morning, things will just get worse. I don't think he understands what I mean. I'm struggling with severe anxiety that is making OCD tendencies stronger and more prevalent. I don't know how to make it through the night. I want to keep going -- I just need a reason to. Please, what do I do?
  2. silence1one

silence1one Member

what are you anxious about? You really need to find out the root of the situation.I have to admit I felt anxious at times,as I aged I learnt how to deal with situation with one small step evey time.I hope this help,good luck.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

You're a good enough reason. You still have hope!!!! You have come here looking for help and not determined to end it. Hold on to that need. Keep posting you feelings because there are tons of people here that do understand you and are willing to try and help. Good luck and "Good Morning".

BOLIAO Guest

I know how it feels. Every morning when I wake up, I just lay in bed asking myself whats the point of waking up. in the end, I would just lay in bed for a few more hours, laying down in despair. There is simply no reason to wake up for me too.
  5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

staying in bed sounds like a good idea but what will you do there?
    you will ponder, think, worry and get more anxious because you will be doing nothing else.

get out of bed for yourself, get up and plan your day ahead, do something to make you feel better about yourself even something small.

don't give yourself too much time to worry

take care
  6. Desiringpeace

Desiringpeace New Member

I have an irrational desire to be perfect. Intellectually, I understand that it's impossible, but when actually facing that, it's extremely difficult to cope with. The extra anxiety from fearing failure or actually failing is making my normally quite mild OCD symptoms so much worse that in the past couple of months, I can't even have sex with my boyfriend without worrying about getting dirty.

But I failed and now I don't even feel like getting up to clean up the stuff around that normally would drive me crazy. My bedroom is a disaster area and I don't even care. It's not that I particularly having to be in a clean environment, but I feel even more hopeless when I can't even get motivation up to do something that I haven't been able to resist doing before.

I went to counseling this week, but I'm afraid to tell her how I actually feel. I don't want to get locked up. What can I say without risking that?

Right now, I just feel dead. There's no anxiety forcing me to get up so I just want to lay there and be dead.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2007
  7. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

The thing about failing is that everyone is supposed to fail. It's the best way to learn. If you never screw things up, you'll never learn and know how to do it better next time. I think there's too much stigma on the word "fail". People take it as a horribly bad thing, but it isn't. It just means whatever you tried to do, didn't work out for whatever reason. Now you know how not to do it. It doesn't mean you're bad at it or that you're a failure in general, just that whatever you did didn't work. That's all. Try again. Over and over if you have to.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.