please help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Sammon, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammon

Sammon Member

hey

Im 14 ive been abused by my mums ex for about 5 or 6 years now and he moved out mid december since then my mum has started abusing me a bit. Her ex still comes round alot because he is the dad of my half sister and carries on then. He went into prison when i was in year 7 for ABH on me and my mum. social sevices got involved at that point and i was put on the child protection register they were meant to come every week 2 talk 2 me but they never did and never did anything to help. My friends try and help but they dont really understand although they try pretty hard. i used to see a school councillor but it didnt realy help because i didnt feel comfortable talking 2 her. last year i started self harming and got really depressed i didnt talk to anyone for about 2 months i stopped when my mum found out i still get depressed now and ive started self harming again. The 1 adult that i trusted and confided in the most at my school who was the child protection officer who stuck by me and did what ever she could for the past 3 and a bit years left at christmas so now i have no one although she did start me talking 2 someone in my year who has been through the same sort of thing and that has helped. i dont no what i would do without her now. i have suicidal feelings and have had for a while.

i dont no what to do sometimes... if anyone has any advice please help

sam xxx

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

wow, i'm so sorry you are going through all these tough times.

using these forums to share is good, it can help get your feelings out, but is there another counsellor you could see? since you are feeling suicidal it can help to have as many supports as you can to share your feelings and get you through this rough patch. is there a hotline you can call to put you in touch with another therapist or counsellor? do you have a nurse or doctor you can confide in? the important thing is to be honest with how bad you are feeling so you can get some support.

you shouldn't have to fight your depression alone, please try and find someone to confide in. we will always be here to listen if you want to talk.

3. Sammon

Sammon Member

it has helped alot already because i have never really talked about the way i feel about anything or recalled what has hapened in the past. i dont really want to talk 2 another counsillor because i dont usualy feel comfortable talking to new people. but i am going to see a teacher next week just to be able to talk about the way i feel. as i have started now it is making me slightly better about what goes on. i dont have anyone like a nurse or doctor because i rarely go anywhere like that.

4. __Rawr.Tigga

__Rawr.Tigga Well-Known Member

:arms: Sam, we are always here for you ok hun? :smile: Talk to us and we'll do our best to help.

What you are going through is hard, I know, but you've got to keep trying hun. You can get through, with support and help. Don't hide how you're feeling. Get help early on. I made the mistake of waiting years, bottling it up and not talking, and look where it's got me hey? :smile: Talk.

It is hard talking to someone new, especially face to face, but you've just got to remember that whoever it is your talking to is listening. And that is what matters. If you don't have a doctor then why not go to a drop-in clinic to talk to someone?

Sorry if that is all jumbled and makes no sense. It's kinda hard to order my thoughts and words atm :smile:

Always here if you need tot alk more ok hun? PM if you want to talk private :smile:

Take care and keep strong,
    Tigga
    x

5. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

i find it easier to talk to the computer too :wink:
    its really tough going through stuff like that, and i'm sorry to say i can't relate exactly to what you're going through, except the SH, i'm just getting over harming, and its one of the most difficult things i think i've ever had to do. the first thing you need to do is eliminate all the smaller problems in your life, like the SH, then at least its one less thing to worry about!
    and we're always just an internet connection away if you ever need to talk..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.