Please help :*(

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Trill, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trill

Trill New Member

My friend recently suffered from a break-up. This girl he had sworn to me was THE one and he loved her sooo much but a week or two ago she just came up to him and told him she didn't love him anymore and left without a word.

My friend is also a bit pshycic *sp* and his powers have been acting up lately and not in good ways. He has terrifying nightmares and wakes up crying and feeling like he needs to pound his head in, which he has tried.

Just last night he said his goodbyes to me. Told me that I shouldn't worry and not to cry. And he tried to kill himself last night. Hung himself but decided half way through that he wanted to talk to me one more day. And today is it. I gave him my number and we're talking in about an hour and a half or so. What can I say to make him not do this? I love him so much and I don't know what I can do.

I want the best for him and hes throughly convinced that this is. And I cna't say anything without souonding selfish.

Please what do I do?

2. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

I don't know if there is anything you can say to him to make him not do this. But you can be there for him to talk to and let him know how much he means to you. If he is threatening this though, he needs professional help and you may have to call someone to him help. He may get upset or angry, but wouldn't it be worth it to make him safe? I am so sorry you and your friend are having such a rough time. maybe he can come here and share his feelings with us so that we may listen. Best wishes and I hope that your friend gets the help he so needs.

:hug:
    Karren

3. wunderwood

wunderwood Well-Known Member

you call his parents/the police if you want to stop him

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Call a local mental health facility and ask for their advice or try and convince him to check himself into one.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Firstly, welcome and glad you found us...Secondly, it sounds like he needs professional intervention and should consult a pdoc to help him in this crisis...Lastly, he is very fortunate to have a friend like you...hope things work out and remind him, there are ppl here who would understand what he is going through...big hugs, J

6. Trill

Trill New Member

Thanks alot. Im talking to him today and I hope that I can help him out. ^_^

7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

You know what, it's ok to be selfish in times like this cuz you care for him and want the best for him.

8. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Sometiimes, as mystic eyes said, you have to be selfish. and it might be that the best thing for him is if you ring someone and let them know what he is going through and that he might need some help and support. Does he have any older siblings who could help? If push comes to shove, tell his parents or a local mental health facility or doctors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.