Please help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lifeisgood, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeisgood

lifeisgood Member

In the last few years my life has been getting worse and worse, and now I'm at the point where I feel like there is nothing I could ever do to be happy ever again.
    I cry myself to sleep every night now. I pray, even though I've never believed in any kind of god. A few times recently I have cut myself, and now I've realized it's scarring.
    My friends say I should speak to someone and get help but I don't know what anyone could ever do to make me feel even a tiny bit better. I've run out of hope and I don't know what I can do...I'm scared now.
    Just wanted to post this because I know people here have recovered from these feelings and maybe someone here could save my life.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Wow sounds like you do need help hun. What has caused you to be so sad.
    You know the first step to getting help is knowing you need it so then reaching out for help that you have done. Now you need to call your doctor okay your GP normal doctor and maybe get assessed for depression if it is that you can go on meds to help take the sadness away and maybe even talk therapy. I am
    glad you are here posting what it is that is hurting you helps talking to someone definetly helps please let us know what has happened okay hugs

3. lifeisgood

lifeisgood Member

Thank you for the reply.
    I know this is stupid but I don't want to tell strangers what's wrong, I'm really sorry. And anyway there's just too much to tell, there isn't a single part of my life that isn't hurting me.
    I have talked to people about it, I feel like I can't talk any more. I wish I could but I can't and I don't know what I'm going to do.

4. total eclipse

sometime talking to a stranger who understand your pain does help pm me anytime okay i have had a life time of pain so anything you tell me will be kept confidential and i will try to help you xxxooo

5. lifeisgood

lifeisgood Member

I can't. It just hurts too much.

6. total eclipse

thats okay i know the pain can take over sometimes when you are ready when you have that courage that strength i will be here okay pm me anytime hugs i hope you can talk to someone anyone you trust. a friend a teacher a coucillor someone please but talk

7. lifeisgood

lifeisgood Member

Thank you

8. Tealc

Tealc Banned Member

yeah you really should try to talk to someone, these thoughts and feelings you have will only eat away at you.
    you may think talking about it is scary but it will help you to get someone to understand you and find a reason behind it all.

you have everything to gain by trying, and sorry to be blunt but yoou have your life to lose by not.

i hope you find the courage

9. total eclipse

YOur welcome hun please know we all care okay we don't judge anyone here

10. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

How are you today? Here are a few ways you can distract yourself from self harming , thinking of you :hug:

Often the best thing is to find out what has worked for other people who understand where you're coming from. TheSite.org asked young people from young people's mental health service, 42nd Street in Manchester, to come up with some of the alternatives that help them.
    Alternative therapies: massage, reiki, meditation, acupuncture, aromatherapy.
    Bake or cook something tasty.
    Clean (and won't your folks/housemates be pleased!).
    Craftwork: make things, draw or paint.
    Dance your socks off.
    Eat sweets or chocolate for an instant sugar rush (but be careful of the dip in your mood once it's over).
    Exercise for a release of endorphins and that feel-good factor.
    Forward planning - concentrate on something in the future, like a holiday.
    Go for a walk (preferably further than the local pub).
    Go online and look at websites that offer you advice and information.
    Hang out with friends and family.
    Have a bubble bath with lots of bath bombs fizzing around you.
    Have a good cry.
    Hug a soft toy.
    Invite a friend round.
    Join a gym or a club.
    Knit (it's not just for old people you know).
    Listen to music.
    Moisturise.
    Music: singing, playing instruments, listening to (basically making as much noise as you can).
    Open up to a friend or family member about how you are feeling.
    Pop bubble wrap.
    Phone a helpline or a friend.
    Play computer games.
    Play with a stress ball or make one yourself.
    Read a book.
    Rip up a phone directory (does anyone actually use them these days?).
    Scream into an empty room.
    Shop 'til you drop.
    Smoke - smokers find that having a fag can help.
    Spend time with babies (when they're in a good mood).
    Tell or listen to jokes.
    Use the internet.
    Visit a zoo or a farm (animals do the best things).
    Volunteer for an organisation (will make you feel all warm inside).
    Watch TV or films - particularly comedies.
    Write: diary, poems, a book.
    Write negative feelings on paper, then rip them up.
    Yoga: meditation, deep breathing - this might help you relax and control your urges.
    Zzz - get a good night's sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.