please help

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by *dilligaf*, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

i dont talk to my mum if i can help it, she doesnt know anything about me being ill etc. well...
    this morning she saw my scars..i went abit mad and told her to get out of my room. ill be seeing her tomorrow and i just know shel go all stupid about it. and shes going to want me to talk.
    what has everyone done/said when people have found out? parents especially?
  2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

i dunno what i can say hun, but you know where i am if you wanna talk, im here for you anytime, if you need me PM or catch me on msn when im online (im offline right now) :hug:
  3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

thanx Vikki-dont know what i need hun...sorry :(
  4. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

well you know im allways here for ya for absolutely anything, and i told you that last night and i meant it, im here for ya :hug:

ps. "you wanna sex?" (private joke lmfao) :D
  5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

thanx hun
  6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

if im not online on msn but am on here and you wanna chat just send me a pm and ill come on for ya :) :hug:
  7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

My parents didnt really take it well... she basically ot rid of anything sharp she could find in my room and would not leave me alone for a good week or two at least. Mum would get really worried and start checking my arms at random (when I wasnt even cutting my arms then... so go figure :blink: ), but then she started to sort of trust me again... I dont know. It worked itself out somehow... although I *did* lie to her about the fact that I'd stopped when I hadnt.

Personally I think you're better off with telling the truth - even if you dont, its only a matter of time that someone else finds out about it anyway. :hug:

8. cthulhu

cthulhu Well-Known Member

sam, be honest...i know this can be hard but i was honest with mine for the first time in 16 years just 3 week ago and she has become a complely diferent person with me, i think she is conserend for my mental health but she is suportive and understanding...though if i mention suicide to her she will call me 3 times a day to m,ake sur ei am still alive...but hey it is beter than her reating me like shit so....
  9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

thanx both of you..i have spoken to her, she was okayish...
    sam xx
  10. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

sorry i am late in answering this... i know how hard it is when ppl find out about the cutting... so many emotions... feelings... shame... hurt... freedom.. caged...

i find it easy to have some info on a topic that i find it hard to talk about.. like you could look up something on the net.. have the other person read it and then talk about what they read.. so it is not 100 percent like talking about "you" only.. that there are other ppl that have the same issues.. and we are not freaks...

glad it went well .. hugs and hopes..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.