Please Help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MagicFerret, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicFerret

MagicFerret Active Member

Hi,
    I am so worried and confused what to do. I just feel like i want to die, i hate being awake all the time. I wake up and want to sleep. I dont eat i havent eate for 5 days now so i have no energy , last thing i did eat was a single slice of pizza then. thats all i ave had in about 10 days. I dont want to eat it scares me for some reason. Also i hate my life, i am useless i am cutting my self evey hours almost over the ast 4 days my arms are a mess but i cant stop. My support worker was worried so she took me upto the local psyc hospital yesterday for a psyc rview where two people asked me questions i was honest with them and told them that i was planning on ending my life next week by cutting my wrists and overdosing. They said i have a past history of suicidal thoughts wgich is true last year i overdosed about 8 times, never cut my wrists though. I have never felt like the was i am now it seems worse things are getting wiered i feel like i can hear a voice telling me not to eat and to punnih myself and cut myself. Whats happening. They just said you are on meds from my psychiatrist and they will help. I have beeen on them for 9 weeks and no difference. I feel i need to be in hospital where i cn get help 24/7. They just sent me home. Said eat up and cheer up basically. I want to cut just now again running out of space though. Has anyone any suggestions on wether i can get admitted to hospital easily i know deep down i dont want to die but i am on edge i know i am going to try again very soon.

thanks

2. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Go to emergency room and tell them you haven't eaten, get treatment for your arms, and ask to see a psychiatrist about changing your meds as clearly the ones you're on aren't working for you.

Right now. I am very concerned about what you've written here.

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i agree. go as a walk in to the nearest ER and ask to be seen. they will take care of you until you start to feel better. can you call your support worker to go with you?

4. Wanteddead

Wanteddead Account Closed

you do need to get help pronto and please eat something it will help you think clearer.

What's the cause of your pain why do you hate yourself so much?

Remember no matter what you have or haven't done we all deserve love and compassion, go easy on yourself I wish there was something I could do to help.

Please stop cutting if u can you don't deserve to be in any more pain then you are now. I know it's a coping strategy but there are tons of other ones that don't involve harming yourself.

I wish I could give you a hug. Please take care of yourself better we only get one body on this earth.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Go straight to the ER and show them all the cuts and tell them your not eating,..Ask to speak to someone in mental health because you are suicidal..They should admit you for at least 72 hours..They usually won't keep you longer than a week because they are just a crisis unit..If you need long term inpatient care then you need to go to the police and see a judge who can order you into a state run hospital..I hope this helps..

6. SuperMoon

SuperMoon Active Member

I hope you are in the ER right now as that is the best advice to give.
    Also, your meds do need to be changed/increased.
    Perhaps they are causing the increased suicidal thoughts??
    I do wish I could help you, in real life, because I fully understand what you are going through. Not the cutting but the cycle of suicidal thoughts, sleeping all the time, barely eating, and feeling like "someone" is telling you to do self-destructive things. I have my personal "beliefs" about that. I chose to pray (not religious but spiritual) and ask for help.
    I know that the people you spoke/work with may "seem" like they don't care.
    They wouldn't be doing that work if they didn't care as I have been in Social Services (let's hope they're not sadists).
    However, it does take a toll on people and some have unfortunately become desensitized in order to "survive" themselves.
    I myself would go through vicarious traumatization and become even more depressed (on top of my own, separate struggle).
    Sorry, just a little digression.
    Well, please reply so we can see how you are doing.

7. MagicFerret

MagicFerret Active Member

Hi thanks for all the help, i really dont know if going to my a&e will help. thats basically what i already did and spoke to two mental health officers. They were in my local psyc hospital. they just said go away. i am scared, i am so tired all the time that does make me worse probably but eating is such a chore. i dont know where to turn. i might call the psyc hospital again as they said i can call them if i need to.

8. SuperMoon

SuperMoon Active Member

Are there any local suicide hotlines you can call?
    I thought I saw something online about international numbers (as I noticed your location is Scotland).

9. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

yes, please call your psych hospital again. explain to them how you are danger of harming yourself and you need to be admitted. tell them you havent ate in 10 days and are considering suicide. once you get there you will be a lot safer. until then, please try to drink some soup or something. i know there's no appetite but you need some nutrition :hug:

also, keep us updated if you can.

10. starryeyed

starryeyed Well-Known Member

Oh dear.i feel so bad for you.i think you have to keep onto the doctors to get noticed.your meds arent workin.if u had proper meds you would feel so much better..i hope by now you got help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.