Please help....

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sunshine68, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine68

Sunshine68 New Member

I don't know who to turn to...

I come from a family of very high achieving academics.......my brother emigrated 2 years ago to Australia with his wife and two children.

I'm widowed, it was 12 years ago and I feel blessed that I was able to share that experience.

Now......I'm living back with my parents in a very isolated hamlet, it's not really a "home", but it's a roof over my head.

I don't know who I am any more, I feel like a tiny, scared child, I'm all over the place, I would just love some warmth, a hug, someone to hold my hand.....I'm struggling with decisions and don't feel belonging.

I've had enough, my eczema has flared up, I'm angry, confused, hyper-sensitive, I want my Mum so much, but, because of the Aspergers, she can't connect with me, it hurts, I don't feel good enough for them.

Please help me...........with love xx

2. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hi Sunshine. Welcome to the forum. :hug:

Your parents care about you. Please don't think that you aren't good enough. It doesn't work that way with family. As for connection, perhaps writing your mom a note might help. Tell her you would like to connect more but are having difficulty because of the ASD.

Take care, okay? And please stick around. This is a friendly community. We are all happy to try to help in any way that we can.

3. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're feeling so isolated and alone. I do think Mr Stewart's idea of writing a note to your mum is a good one. I admit I don't know very much about Aspergers, but from what I do know, this might help her understand how you feel and perhaps you could work on your relationship through notes, as she might find it easier than talking face to face.

Is there anyone else in the hamlet who you get along with? Perhaps someone else who needs a friend? Just having someone to visit and chat to, even about superficial things, will help you get out of the house and feel less alone.

What are your long-term plans? It doesn't sound like you want to stay living with your parents, but to move somewhere new might be even more isolating. I really do feel for you, I would be lost without my friends. But as Mr Stewart says, this is a friendly community, so stick around and keep posting.

Mim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.