Please help

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Angel12, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel12

Angel12 Active Member

I get the horrible feeling that my mother is going to kill my stepfamily. I know this may be all in my head but I can't shake the feeling no more. I fear my mother no longer knows the difference between right and wrong. Last time I visit her I know my mother was not in her right state of mind. I try to tell my family about this and they didn't take me series. My dad told it's all in your head paranoid schizophrenia are quite harmless.

My family knows my mother is mentally ill but they won't make my mother take her mediciation. Even if it did I doubt it will make any difference I fear for the worst. I try telling everybody from Priest to cops but they won't take me seriously about my mother mentall illness. If you must know my mother is paranoid schizophrenia, bipolar multiple personality disorder I hope this is all in my head. I just get this gut feeling my mother is going to do something real bad. My mother lives in Denver Colorado near were the aurora shooting happen.

2. Jimbojak

Jimbojak Member

I'm sorry to hear you're in such a situation. Have you tried talking to her doctor? If she's in that bad of a state it may be the right course of action.

3. Angel12

Angel12 Active Member

My dad has sent my mother to plenty of Doctors but they never did anything to help her. All they did was give her medication and encourage my mother bizaree fantasies.

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

You need to find out who her primary doctor is, or her MHMR. Contact them, IN WRITING, with your concerns. Be clear and concise and include only facts or observations that support your suspicions. While the doctors cannot discuss your mother's medical conditions with you, they can receive your input and they may take it into consideration in their own evaluations. Beyond that, there isn't a lot that you can do. Are you currently receiving treatment or seeing someone as well?

5. Jimbojak

Jimbojak Member

I have several schizophrenics in my immediate family, and know how difficult someone in that state can be to deal with. Like pickwithaustin said, try to contact her doctor. Although they won't be able to talk to you abou her they should listen. If you need someone to talk to let me know.

6. Angel12

Angel12 Active Member

No I am not paranoid schizophrenia or mentally ill.

7. pickwithaustin

We mean talking to her doctor about HER... not you.

8. Angel12

Angel12 Active Member

Sorry about that but I already say that my mother isn't receiving treatment seeing someone for her mental health problems. My family refuse to step in and do anything about it. I am afraid if my mother doesn't get the treatment she needs. Then she is going to hurt herself or her family.

9. pickwithaustin

Well actually you said she had been to many doctors and that she was not taking her medications. It may be just my misunderstanding, but that would indicate the presence of a doctor to me. I apologize that I didn't understand what you were saying.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
  10. Angel12

Angel12 Active Member

I hope you don't mind me asking but is there a good chance my mother could hurt herself if she hasn't taken her medication in the last two years?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.