Please, how do I make it stop!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by calif5150, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calif5150

calif5150 New Member

I'm not sure what I'm doing here. I'm sorry that I'm not the kind of person that others can or want to learn from. I know that I'm not worth the time and money. I was hospitalized after I messed up. I woke up after I thought it was a fool proof suicide. It just landed me in the psych ward. I was traumatized from the first day and I did everything to get out. I was held longer after they felt that I was too much of a suicide risk. I just cried in my hospital bed. I really wanted to die. I suffer every day with pain, but the worst is my mind. I know that I'm never going to last. I do feel bad that people wants to help me, but I really feel they are wasting their time on me. I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm just tired of living this way. I don't like people making a judgement on what is best for me. After years of non-stop health problems, I need to stop it. Im aware that some will totally disagree with me, but Im the one living in this body. I beleave in compassion and letting people decide what is enough. I'm so tired!

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I don't believe in trying to talk someone out of suicide. I think that it is the case though that no one really wants to die, they just want to stop being in pain.

In most cases, people can find ways to get better, and can feel glad that they didn't kill themselves. Sometimes though, even wanting to get better is a struggle.

Personally, I go through phases where I just do what comes naturally to me and don't force myself to do anything. Other times, I'm more active in trying to make my life and the world better.

You may want to follow the link in my sig.

3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi Chris,

Welcome to these forums, and I'm sorry your hospital experience stressed you out a great deal. Truthfully speaking, I think leaning on others for support and comfort is okay when we are having such hard times. While this is not an unbiased suggestion, I hope you revisit the idea of letting others involve themselves in efforts to alleviate your pain and suffering….by showing compassion and helping you hang in there….so that your pain does not take over every aspect of your life. Although I'm not here to change your mind, please know that I wish you well....I hope you find insightful discussion in this community to be helpful. :hug:

Alex

P.S. I think May's link above looks fantastic. :]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hell yes! I'd plus rep. you for that comment, if this forum let us do stuff like that.
    : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.