please, I need help

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by kyangel04, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyangel04

kyangel04 Antiquities Friend

I'm afraid to go to sleep. I'm having awful nightmares. I keep getting 'stuck'. I keep having urges. Sometimes, it all seems so hopeless. I'm probably not even maing sense. I feel so crazy and scared.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are making sense hun I am sorry you have these awful nightmare Just remember hun they are not real cannot hurt you ok keep talking to us hun you are not alone hu gs

3. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

We are here. Let us know what is going on hun. Don't worry if you make sense.. We are here to listen. I hope your alright. :hug:

4. kyangel04

I just feel so much hate towards myself. I seem to do better during the day. Then, later in the day, I start falling apart.

5. ninnie

ninnie Member

I think that's where your nightmares come from: when you go to sleep your unconscious deals with matters that you'd rather push away during the day. Please don't be scared, it's your unconscious trying to make sense of, and reprosessing, your inner turmoil and that's all.

I used to have terrible nightmares too: they made me lock the door after my boyfriend had gone to work in the morning because they felt so real. Now I know that there was nothing to be scared of.

I hope that this realisation will help you a little as well.

You could maybe write your dreams down and uncover the symbolism of your them, if you want to know what they really mean? This may give you a sense of power over your nightmares as well?

6. kyangel04

Thank you Ninnie. I do keep a journal about therapy, memories, feelings etc. I've heard of ppl using dream journal. It's something for me to think about.

7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Hello there. I survived something very tragic and I have nightmares about it every night. I understand what you are saying. I wish I could not sleep at all, lest the dreams begin, but I also realized that I need to sleep so that I maintain my health. Like me, you have to suffer these dreams and just keep remembering that they are demons that go away when you awake.

What is it about the earlier part of the day that is better and that you mention things get worse later in the day. Is there something different about the later part of the day? Is it just that the day is nearing time to sleep again? Perhaps if you can better understand what brings on the negative feelings and issues, you might better find ways to reduce them.

8. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Hello
    As mentioned above a journal of some kind can be very helpful and can give you some insight as to what is causing these dreams.I lack heaps of sleep due to bad dreams yet i find writing things down even sometimes making poetry from some can relax me somewhat.Even to talk to somebody about what you are dreaming can also help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.