Please Love Yourself

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by t.dotguy, Dec 31, 2014.

1. t.dotguy

t.dotguy New Member

Hi everyone,

I have struggled with major depression for almost two years. In reality, I know there are so many who love me, care for me, give to me, help me, and want me to succeed. Yet depression is like a blinding darkness that (unfortunately) has prevented me from seeing any of this.

I've been on numerous medications, seen doctors, tried natural therapies (yoga, meditation, etc.). Nothing seemed to really work.

Yesterday, however, I woke up with a feeling of love that surrounded me. I cannot remember the last time I actually woke up from sleep happy/not anxious/calm/joyful.

I can't really explain how any of this happened, but I know one thing: I want to live. Although there have been many times that this has been untrue, I know that today it is possible and it HAS to be possible.

I am only 19. I deserve life. I deserve success (so long as I work for it). I deserve happiness. I deserve joy. I deserve breath.

I wanted to post this because I hope that my recent realization will reach at least ONE person who has also felt worthless, tiny, and unimportant.

Listen to my message: YOU ARE YOU. There may be/have been horrible things in your life. There may be horrible people around you. There may be negativity in your thoughts and surrounding environment. Yet there is always light. It has taken me a VERY long time to realize this, but I have never been happier. I do not know what has happened exactly, but I am starting to see the world in a new light and I need to share this. So, I may not know you, but I love you. I love your flaws, scars, fears, joys, perseverance, happiness, excitement, and every other emotion that makes you YOU. I do not need to meet you to love you, I already do. Please know that feeling alone (a feeling I have known all too well in the past) is not a truth. I am here and I know you simply because I understand your emotional pain. We all have a story, but that does not define this moment or our future. And, believe me, I know how cliché and annoying that often sounds, but it is true. You are greater than any previous negativity that you may believe defines you.

YOU ARE EXTRAORDINARY.

As I write this, I am crying. I am crying tears not of sadness, but of hope and joy. Please know there is an end in sight - and end to suffering that will bring life, NOT death.

I love you and I send all my warmth to you. Please stay strong. One day (and, in truth, it may be many days from now), you will see light, but you need to keep fighting. I promise it is there, but you need to move forward to find it. When feeling down, remember the love I share with you here. I have faith in you, even if no one else does. My positive faith outweighs any negative onlookers.

Love always,

t.dt

2. KaRue

KaRue Member

I'm happy to hear that you've found life, hope, and a reason to live. Great job!

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you for this motivational message, it's really helped me feel better. :)

4. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Are you aware that each one of us in their own way is a special and unique being? Just imagine in the entire history of the whole of Creation there has never been and never will be another being quite like you and me! Our eyes, hands, hair, handwriting, smile, voice and mind are unique to us. No-one walks, talks, thinks, acts or even meditates exactly the way we do. Nobody can paint our brush strokes or has exactly the same taste as we have for food, music, dance and other artistic endeavours. Nobody can perceive things quite the way we do; and no-one can feel our feelings. There has never been someone who laughs exactly the way we do, and what makes us laugh or cry, can have quite a different effect on someone else.

We are all different from everybody else who ever walked the Earth, and we are all specially gifted in some way. Even if others pursue the same creative activities as we do, everybody has their own special and unique way of expressing themselves. In the course of our evolution as individuals and through many lifetimes, we all have developed our own set of abilities. There always will be someone who is better than we are, at one thing or another; and everyone is likely to be our superior at least in one way. But do not overlook that this is valid for each one of us.

Every human soul has been provided by our Creator with a different set of gifts and talents. They have taken many lifetimes to develop and it is important to be grateful for them, to take good care of them and further develop them, to the best of our ability. The whole range of that which has been bestowed upon us produces a vibration and a sound that is uniquely our own. The entire human race is like a room that is filled with billions of musical instruments. Listening to the symphony they are producing together, it may seem to us as if some of the instruments in some way sounded better than ours. Don’t be disturbed by this, because it’s due to the fact that every instruments is a unique creation, to ensure that no-one matches exactly anyone else’s sound. No matter how hard they may try, it’s impossible.

From You Are Special

With love - Aquarius

:hug:

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thanks for reaching out to others with your story of hope and of light

6. ohmeohmy

ohmeohmy Member

What a wonderful thread! Thank you for starting this T.dotguy, and for sharing the light you have. And for further expanding on this Aquarius. I am very moved by your messages, and reminded of these very important truths. Bless you both and everyone for each of our unique selves.

7. Aquarius123

And thank you for your feedback. Your kind and loving words are very much appreciated.

With love - Aquarius

:hug:

8. VLSI

VLSI Member

Thanks so much for this. This is what I need right now. I've been hating myself too much.

9. Tjh

Tjh Active Member

This made me feel a little bit better. Thank you.

10. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

I love the shit out of my self. I'm Just so perfect, there's nothing not to. Surprisingly, I used to not feel like I deserved to be loved by anyone.

Edit
    Boy was I ever wrong though.

11. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

I love myself, it just isn't enough.

12. Aquarius123

Oh Lord, it’s hard to be humble,
    When you’re perfect in every way.
    I can’t wait to look in the mirror
    ‘cause I get better lookin’ each day.
    To know me is to love me,
    I must be a hell of a man.
    Oh Lord it’s hard to be humble,
    but I’m doin’ the best that I can.

I used to have a girlfriend,
    but I guess she just couldn’t compete
    With all these love starved women
    who keep clamouring at my feet.
    Well I probably could find me another,
    but I guess they’re all in awe of me.
    Who cares I never get lonesome,
    ‘cause I treasure my own company

I guess you could say I am a loner,
    a cowboy, I walk tough and proud.
    Well I could have lots of friends if I wanted,
    but then I wouldn’t stand out in a crowd.
    Some folks say that I’m egotistical –
    hell I don’t even know what that means!
    I guess it has something to do with the way
    that I fill out my skin tight blue jeans

Oh Lord, it’s hard to be humble!

Mac Davis

:welcome_mouse:

13. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

I'm not a narcissist, I'm just the best at being me.

14. VIRAL

VIRAL Member

Thankyou for sharing this motivated me a lot.