Please Note

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Aquarius123, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Scams Around Christmas Time

With Christmas fast approaching and online shopping ever more popular, the number of home deliveries being made by couriers is increasing. However, the Trading Standards team would like to take this opportunity to remind residents to act on the side of caution before taking delivery of an unexpected parcel. Over recent years various “courier” type scams have been reported. Examples include a person posing as a “courier” delivering a gift or a bunch of flowers which is accompanied by a bottle of wine. The “courier” then states that as the parcel contains alcohol, they are required to confirm the delivery was to an adult and requests that the person receiving the parcel swipes a credit card and enters their PIN into his handheld device. In the matter of minutes, the unsuspecting recipient will provide the stranger with the opportunity to clone the card and record the PIN.

Another example of a “courier” scam involves the resident returning home to find an “unable to deliver” postcard waiting for them, with instructions to call a telephone number to re-arrange delivery. But in reality no parcel exists and they may find they are inadvertently calling a ‘090’ or ‘091’ premium rate number which will result in nothing more than a large telephone bill. Another recently reported scam involves a parcel delivered to the correct address but the addressee is unknown. A couple of days later someone turns up to collect the parcel, claiming it was intended for them but had been sent to the wrong address by mistake. This person is never seen again. However, once the parcel has been handed over, the resident who took delivery will start to receive demands for payment for its contents.

Our advice is:

1. always act with caution if you receive an unexpected parcel delivery;
    2. most online retailers will notify you when your purchase has been shipped, so you know when to expect delivery;
    3. check to see if the parcel is correctly addressed to you or someone else in your household;
    4. never provide any credit card details or payment to confirm receipt of a parcel;
    5. if you are in any doubt, refuse to take receipt of the delivery;
    6. never feel intimidated into making a quick decision just because the courier is in a hurry;
    7. if you receive an “unable to deliver” card, take a moment to check you are not being asked to call a premium rate number;
    8. if you are not expecting a delivery, do not call the number and throw the card away!

If you have any information or would like to report a possible scam, please call Citizen’s Advice Consumer Service on 08454 040506 or email the Trading Standards team at

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I honestly didn't understand most of that, don't do much online with money but thank you so much for looking out for others and keeping things safe and inline. You are an amazing person. I am sure this will help someone, I know scams are ever increasing and christmas time would be the best time for them through the rush! There are a lot despicable people out there scamming. Do they have no conscience!!!!

Thank you so much!!!
  3. Aquarius123

You are welcome, dear Petal. If the people behind a scam – this one and all others – knew of the Universal laws, in particular of the law of Karma, they would no longer dream of getting involved in such things. The law decrees that everything has to return to its creator. Because of this, whatever we send out into our world in thoughts, words and deeds can do nothing but return to us like a boomerang. If it doesn’t happen in this lifetime, it may do so ten lifetimes down the line. When something really nasty happens to the scamsters in one of those lifetimes, for example if they fall victim to some particularly damaging scam, they are likely to ask themselves: ‘Why did this have to happen to me? Why me?’

Unless by that time they have woken up to the presence of the spiritual laws that operate behind the scenes of Earth life and amend their general behaviour accordingly, they will be unable to understand and will have to suffer without being able to put a stop to the spiral of Karma they once set in motion.

With love – Aquarius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
  4. Aquarius123

The True Story Of Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer

Depressed and broken-hearted, a man named Bob May one chilling December night sat staring from his drafty apartment window. His four year old daughter Barbara sat on his lap and was quietly sobbing. Her mother, Evelyn, was in hospital dying of cancer and the little girl couldn’t understand why she would never come home again. Looking up into her Dad’s eyes she asked: ‘Why isn’t my mummy like everybody else’s? Why can’t she be here with us?’

Bob’s jaw tightened and his eyes were welling with tears. Barbara’s question flooded him with waves of grief and also of anger. It had been the story of Bob’s life that he was different and never fitted in anywhere. As a child he had often been bullied by the other boys. He was too small to compete in sports and his companions often called him names he would rather forget.

He completed college, found a loving wife and was grateful to get a job as a copywriter at Montgomery Ward during the Great Depression. Then the Universe blessed their loving union with a little girl. But their happiness was going to be short-lived. Evelyn’s cancer had stripped them of all their savings, so that Bob and his daughter had to take refuge in a two-room apartment in the Chicago slums.

Evelyn died just days before Christmas in 1938. Bob struggled to give hope to his child, although he couldn’t even afford to buy her a Christmas gift. Well, if he couldn’t buy a gift he was jolly well going to make one and the idea for a storybook came to him about an animal character, whose story he told Barbara to comfort her and give her hope. Time and again, Bob told her the tale and with each telling he embellished it a bit more.

Who was the character and what was the story all about? In fable form Bob told the story of his own life – it was an autobiography. It’s main character was a small reindeer with a big and shiny nose which made it a misfit and an outcast, just like Bob had always been. The book was finished just in time for Christmas and he presented it to his little girl.

However, our story doesn’t end there. Somehow the general manager of Montgomery Ward got to know about Bob’s story and offered him a nominal fee to purchase the rights for printing it in book form. They called the book ‘Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer’ and it was handed out to the children who came visiting Santa Claus in their stores. By 1946 Wards had printed and distributed more than six million copies of this book.

That same year, a major publisher wanted to purchase the rights from Wards to print an updated version of the book. In an unprecedented gesture of kindness, the CEO of Wards returned all rights to Bob May and the book became a best seller.

Many toy and marketing deals followed and Bob May, now remarried with a growing family, became wealthy from the story he had once created to comfort his grieving daughter.

And still the story doesn’t end with this. Bob’s brother-in-law, Johnny Marks, wrote a song about Rudolph. In spite of the fact that it was turned down by singers like Bing Crosby and Dinah Shore, the singing cowboy, Gene Autry, performed the song ‘Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer’. It was released in 1949 and became a phenomenal success that sold more records than any other Christmas song, with the exception of ‘White Christmas.’

This is how the gift of love that Bob May once created for his daughter kept on coming back to him, to bless him over and over again. And this is how life itself taught Bob May the invaluable lesson that being different isn’t so bad after all and that for those who work with it and do the right thing, when their heart tells them to do so, their differentness can indeed turn into a great blessing.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to each one of you.

With love - Aquarius

5. Aquarius123

The Wonderful Healing Qualities Of The Mistletoe

The name mistletoe was originally applied to Viscum album, the European mistletoe, of the family Santalaceae in the order Santalales, the only species native in Great Britain and much of Europe. European mistletoe is readily recognised by its smooth-edged oval evergreen leaves borne in pairs along the woody stem, and waxy white berries in dense clusters of two to six. It is a poisonous plant that causes acute gastrointestinal problems including stomach pain and diarrhoea along with low pulse. The genus Viscum is not native to North America, but Viscum album has been introduced to California.

Did you know that Iscador, the homeopathic preparation of mistletoe, is the most commonly prescribed oncological drug in Germany? Actually, according to Wikipedia some 60% of all oncological treatments in central Europe include some form of mistletoe. You probably didn’t know that. Any inconvenient truths are suppressed by the US medical mafia and their media allies. They cling here to the feeble obsession that the US way is the ‘only way’ and by inference, therefore the correct way. Of course this has more to do with protecting profits than any subsumed moral or scientific right. But it’s curious, isn’t it, that all humble and inexpensive treatments are ‘bad’, ‘unproven’ or even ‘dangerous’!

Iscador was originally introduced by German philosopher, educationalist and healer Rudolph Steiner (1861- 1925). Steiner went on to found a whole healing system called anthroposophic medicine, literally ‘human-loving’. Iscador is actually a lactobacillus-fermented extract of the European mistletoe plant, Viscum album and is available here in the USA, by prescription, as the drug Iscar. None of what is written here applies to the American mistletoe, Phoradendron serotinum (we just don’t know).

Mistletoe’s Colourful History

Do you know why we kiss under the mistletoe at Christmas? Millennia ago, in the days of the Druids in Europe, Yule was a highly celebrated event (it survives as our Christmas, which has nothing to do with Jesus’ supposed birthday). The drink and partying went on for days. So did the wild promiscuous sex! Mistletoe was the chosen contraceptive. A decoction of this sacred plant taken by women gave them a few days in which they could make whoopee, without the inconvenience of becoming pregnant. Fast forward 3,000 years or more and today we settle for a coy little kiss under a sprig of mistletoe. My, how times have changed!

Other Uses Of Mistletoe

Mistletoe has been known medicinally since the earliest times. The Druids were well aware of its fabulous healing properties and called it ‘All-Heal’. Mistletoe growing on oak trees was especially prized. A Bronze Age burial found in England contained a skeleton covered with oak branches and mistletoe. The two plants have been associated with one another and held sacred in Britain since prehistoric times. Mistletoe is very toxic and needs caution in use. It acts on the central nervous system: causing numbness, slowing of the heartbeat and is a specific against epilepsy: small doses stop spasms and convulsions. It is also prescribed as a diuretic, for high blood pressure, hardening of the arteries and chilblains. Definitely not recommended as a contraceptive, even if it does work!

Anti-Cancer Properties

The tumour-fighting possibilities of mistletoe have been known for centuries. As I reported, the use of mistletoe is still widespread in Europe, where it does not need to prove itself. Many cancer patients use natural supplements in conjunction with cytotoxic chemotherapy, but little is known about their potential interaction.
    One survey showed that over 60% of all German cancer patients used mistletoe in some form, frequently in conjunction with standard cancer treatments such as radiation, chemotherapy, or surgery.

From the Alternative Doctor’s blog, where you can find out more about the mistletoe, as well as other alternative healing methods.

Please follow the link below:

‘The Alternative Doctor’

We wish you a Merry Christmas,
    We wish you a Merry Christmas,
    We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Good tidings we bring to you and your kin.
    Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    To you and your loved ones.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thank you for these stories especially the one about Rudolph it is good to hear that his care for his daughter brought him back so much with his story
  7. Aquarius123

This no doubt happened in keeping with the laws of the Universe. The good we send out into the world does indeed return to us and that can happen in many different ways. That's the origin of the saying 'Bread cast on the waters of life...' - they always return. With love at Christmas and always - Aquarius
  8. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Excuse me, sir/madam, I am a Nigerian princess but I have been locked out of my bank account. If you will so kindly send to me 20,000 dollars to reopen it, I will return to you 100,000 dollars.

When you read this e-mail, this is what to do.

9. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Prinn, my ex was dumb enough to fall for the nigerian email. Cleaned her bank account right out. I'm glad I wasn't there when it happened.
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I was afraid someone was going to fall for it or knew someone that did. How much was taken from the account?
  11. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I actually reply & string them along :rofl:

Such as this:

(Full two-way dialogue):

please help me if you can and for GOD sake.please this is not a lie.but
    i need your kindly help.

Sorry I am handicap by being a deaf person.Well let me start by
    introducing my self .I am miss Eunice amin whom just wrote you today .I
    am a deaf girl and the daughter of late dr and mrs Vincent amin, my
    father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant based in Abidjan. The
    economic capital of Ivory Coast before he was poisoned to death by his
    business associates, on one of their outing to discuss on a business
    deal.Well my mother died on the 21st October 2006 and was the day I
    became deaf. My father took me so special because i am motherless.

Before the death of my father on 29th November 2009 in a private
    hospital here in Abidjan. He secretly called me on his bedside and told
    me that he has a sum of us nine million, united states dollars left in
    a local bank here in Abidjan. he also explained to me that it was
    because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates,
    that i should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice
    where i will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose.
    (Such as real estate management and Transportation).

I am honorably seeking your assistance in the following ways: to
    provide a bank account where this money would be transferred to serve
    as the guardian of this fund and my younger brother apala is 15 years.
    to make arrangement for us to come over to your country to further our
    education and to secure a residential permit in your country. moreover,
    i am willing to offer you 30% of the total sum as compensation for your
    effort input after the successful transfer of this fund to your
    nominated account overseas. Furthermore, you can indicate your option
    towards assisting me, as i believe that this
    transaction would be concluded within seven days you signify interest
    to assist me.

please i know that this is not the best way or channel that i should
    reach you ,but because of my handicap and problem.
    please bear in mind that this is not a lie, but you are helping me for
    the love of GOD to human being.i mean no harm to you and family,nor do
    i have any bad intension or you being act any risk.all i am
    asking is for you to help me and to know if i can treat my deaf hearing
    problem and because i was not born deaf.

Anticipating hearing from you soon. And please do hurry to assist us
    out here now that this country is in political chaos, we urgently needs

your kind attention in confident.
    Thanks and god bless

Miss Eunice .Amin

Hi there,

Thanks for accepting my offer and I will be happy to help you in
    everything you need.

However , in order for me to make copies of all my documents to
    send to you I will need some upfront expenses as the shop will
    charge me for this service.

In view of your offer and the amount involved and to ensure that
    you are genuine, I'm sure it wont come as much of a problem if you
    were to send me £10 by western Union. I will of course refund this
    amount to you once we have our agreement in place.

Many thanks_______________________________________________________

Dearest one Thanks for your response on my proposal to you.please
    help me for god sake .i am pleased and i accept to be your friend
    partner and join you,then settle down in this life with you in every
    were you think that is good for me and you.dear i will send you all the
    bank infos and as regards to the 40%,it wont be a problem.because i intend
    to invest in your country. but please read my mail with understanding,
    we are the only
    children of our late parents and unfortunately i became deaf by
    accident, my father took us so special
    and trained us and took very care of us until the day he left us alone
    in this wicked world.dear i contact you after i have read your profile
    and prayed that you will come and help us in our problems in good
    faith.please i am not a liar nor will you ever regret ever coming
    to help us in good faith and trust.please this is 100%risk free on you.

We are residing in Abidjan cote d'ivoire.we came here some months
    after the death of our father, well it's a long story but I will make
    it shot. Some months after the death of my father my uncles called us
    for a meeting, well in our mind we thought they will discuses on how
    to take care of us and our late fathers business, but to our surprise
    they asked us to provide the documents of the money which our late
    father deposited in a foreign bank here, we asked them for what? Why
    do they need it, and they told us that they want to take care of the
    money for us in a good way for our future though our late father told
    us to be very careful of them that we should not allow them to have
    hands in the money and property.

So for this reason, we immediately refused to hand the documents to
    them I told them I can handle it my self, after I refused they started
    treating me bad to the extent of taken possession of our late father's
    business and property they seized all his bank account, farm land,
    after all this we decided to go to Abidjan where the bank is located
    to try looking for foreign person that will help me transfer and
    invest the money in a good business.

Please we come to you with all our heart please don't disappoint us,
    because we did not come to you with any bad intention and we don't
    want you to treat us bad for God sake please consider our predicament
    and help us out, we promise that you will never regret helping us.

The only money that we have is the money that is in the bank which we
    want to transfer to your bank account, our late father deposited the
    money in a fixed deposit account and placed a clause on the money
    which means that the account is blocked and needs to be reactivated
    .so we can not have access to the money unless when the account is
    reactivated and transferred into ,any foreign account as was told by
    the bank director to us.

Dear this is the reason why we contacted you to help us to reactivate
    our late parents bank account and help to transfer the funds into any
    account you will provide, the little money that we have with us have
    being used to be paying for our hotel bills since we know no body
    here. Because we ran from the village, because of the problem of our
    late parents relatives and there wicked mind to kill us and take over
    the property, just because we have no body to help us and stand by us.

And now we are financial handicap we are even trying to know if a
    friend we mate at the church will accommodate us in her house, please
    we need your help urgently and for GOD sake help us, you are not
    helping us in vain please. Dear any expenses you made as regards
    helping us will be paid back to you.

we will send you the full contact and bank account of our late
    father,so that you can contact the bank.

kindly send us your information as demanded by the bank from us ,on
    the person we will introduce as our helper and you being the
    beneficiary of the funds.that will help us transfer the funds.which you have
    sent us your infos.but we need you to scan and attach your ID.

1)your full name
    2)your address
    3)your telephone number
    4)your drivers licence/national ID

have a nice day .
    Yours truly
    Ms Eunice Amin

Yes, that's all no problem.

I can help you with everything you need.

I just need some sign that this isn't a hoax.

If I'm to help you I need a small payment of just £10

I will of course give that back to you.

You see there are many people trying to scam on the internet, They
    are horrible and unkind people. They take money from people and
    they don't care who they are. They will take money from old people
    and life savings from others. They don't care about anyone but
    their own greed. If you are one of them you will not have a problem
    sending a small amount of money.

But if you are genuine then a small payment of hardly any money
    will not seem a problem for you.

You can pay by western Union so you don't need a bank account.

Once you have sent the payment, I can help you all I can

You can see by my profile that I'm trustworthy.

dearest one

please read my mail with understanding.i am in a very deep problem
    and because the bank said i need a foreign bank account.which i have
    no body to help me nor any money on me for now.because since the
    death of my parents,my relatives took away all our cocoa farm land
    and wanted to force me into a marriage with a man with already
    four wifes,so that they can have all the property and because i am a
    small deaf girl.please help me,because if i had access to any money
    i wont have contacted you for help.please here i am now even feeding
    is a problem and i know its hard for you to beleive.please i dont mean
    any harm to you or any body.all i can assure you is that you will not
    regret ever helping me nor knowing me.please kindly help me transfer
    this funds into your bank that you will from the funds arrange for
    my coming over to settle down and treat my deaf hearing problems

god bless

Yes, that's all no problem.

I can help you with everything you need.

I just need some sign that this isn't a hoax.

If I'm to help you I need a small payment of just £10

I will of course give that back to you.

You see there are many people trying to scam on the internet, They
    are horrible and unkind people. They take money from people and
    they don't care who they are. They will take money from old people
    and life savings from others. They don't care about anyone but
    their own greed. If you are one of them you will not have a problem
    sending a small amount of money.

But if you are genuine then a small payment of hardly any money
    will not seem a problem for you.

You can pay by western Union so you don't need a bank account.

Once you have sent the payment, I can help you all I can

You can see by my profile that I'm trustworthy.

dearest one

i am short of words in all you said and because of bad people
    in the internet,whom take people money by any means.please
    i am not asking you for any money nor will i use your bank account
    or steal your money.please i am an orphan and i ran away from
    my village to near by village ,now i am in a church.which they feed
    me too and i write you from the library.please if you can try to come
    down here and we will go to the bank ok.because i never done this
    before in my life,nor have i done any transfer.please if i had any means
    of money on me,i will travel to the city and look for how to send it to
    you.but even takening care of my self as a woman,i mean tolerateries
    i find it difficult.please if not for what the bank told me,that i
    need a foreign
    bank account.i wont have contacted you after reading and seeing your
    profile.please help me for god sake.not every body is a bad person
    or scam nor do i have a bad heart.please i need your help as a father,
    brother,partner and because i truly need your help and not to cause
    you pain in this life.
    please help me dear
    god bless

Hi Eunice,

Okay, so you do not have a small fee to pay of only £10? Can you
    just make it £1? Not too much to ask to confirm you are genuine?

If you have no money at all can you please scan and send me a copy
    of your passport or identity card please? I'm sure you can do
    that. Ask a library assistant if you have trouble.

If you are able to do that , I am ready to help you in all you need.

please if i had,i wont have told you all this please
    i mean no harm to you or any body
    please in the attachment you will see my passport
    id.please help me for god sake.all i can assure you
    is that you will not regret ever helping me.
    god bless

Would you mind scanning it again without the plastic shield holding
    the passport in please? And place on the scanner one coin from your
    nation at the same time as your passport. Just so I can confirm
    you are the holder and not some image from the Internet.

Thanks ___________________________________________________

dear sorry not possible and the plastic is on the passport and the father
    of the library said he cant scan with coin,it will spoil the he have asked me what am i doing in the i told
    him that my late father partner wants to help me come over.which he
    said hope am not doing sex picture i pleaded and he said he
    can only scan the passport.
    god bless

Yes, actually you can see all that info in my profile on
    hospitality club.
    My name, phone number and address is all there. In this country,
    (The UK) we don't have id cards and you have to pay for a passport
    and this year I haven't needed to travel so I didn't pay so I don't
    have one as the old one expired.
    Yes , I have an international bank account and also a bank
    registered in Switzerland, so if you would like the details of that
    you can have the money transfered there. Would you like the IBAN
    number? I will call my bank and tell them to expect a large deposit.

If you are going to come here after the transfer you will need a
    visa and that can be quite a fuss to apply for one. Can you start
    the application on-line and I will pay the fee for you.

I have prepared a room for you to sleep in

Now, about this date of birth thing. How have you managed to get
    the wrong date of birth? I'm sure you are telling the truth as I
    see your passport. With this being such a large amount of money
    questions may be asked by my bank where the money came from. Is
    there any other way you can confirm your identity? id card,
    driving license, official letter with your name on etc?

i have sent you my id and as for the error,its caused by key board
    and writing numbers not good,so i never thought of this all this while,it now
    you tell me and i looked and dont know how to change it.but there
    is no problem,you have my id.please your id am asking you,is what
    the bank told me to get from the person whom wants to help me
    transfer the funds.they said an id number and to confirm its you.
    so that they can trace you and the person should not run away
    with my funds and because i am a young girl.which was the advise
    madam luc the manager of the bank told me by writing down.

dear i will send you all the documents and because i have prayed
    that you will try to help me in good faith.

Hi Eunice,

We seem to have a problem in communication here I think. Probably
    because English is not your first Language.

Firstly, let me tell you that my country has no Id cards. The prime
    minister wanted to introduce that but the people voted against it
    because it was going to cost each person £90. Now we don't have ID
    cards here... understand?

I don't have a passport as my old one expired and because I don't
    travel anywhere at the moment I have not bought another one...

I don't drive a car so I don't have a driving license either.

But Eunice, that's not the problem either. You seem to have ignored
    my request to send a form of identity. I note that you seem to have
    made a keyboard error in typing 1985 instead of 1988. Okay I can
    accept this but , hold on, have you made the mistake on the month
    and wait on the date also. Can there really be 3 errors? I would be
    much happier if you could supply me some form of other ID, perhaps
    a letter addressed to you. That shouldn't be too difficult.

After that I'm ready to help you in all you need.

Best wishes, _______________________________________________________

dearest one

i have concluded and decided to send you the full information's of the
    bank,but what i need from you is your full information's as demanded
    by the bank from me.which i will submit it to the bank.please i dont
    know anything about transfer .because here we are
    even feeding is a problem nor whom to ask for any money.but ontill
    we can have access to this funds

which i have not received your id with your infos .so that they will start up
    the transfer on your name and you being the beneficiary of the
    funds.but as you said you dont have any,but any picture id.
    please if i had access to the funds,i wont have contacted you
    for help,but because the bank told me that i need a foreign bank
    account were this money will be transferred to and because it is a
    dollar account.And to try to treat my self in a nice hospital in your country
    then settle down with you as a family and invest too.
    which the bank said that my late father bank account is
    suspense fixed dormant account,that it will be reactivated and
    approved before the transfer..

so all this i got confused and because i have not done any transfer
    before nor do i know any thing about you can open up a new
    bank account on your name or try to use your old bank account or any
    bank account you will have access to that you can send to
    me,with the bank here too or i will send it to the bank ,so that they
    will know about you and contact you.because they said that they will
    ask you for an account.

please i know it is hard to just believe me and most especial from
    the Internet .which i don't know any other means to reach you good
    person that will stand and help me in good faith,all because many bad
    people use the Internet for crimes.which i find it difficult to get a
    sincere person.please i know it is hard to release your infos but we
    most start from some where by building and developing trust.

please this is 100 % risk free on you and family,all i am just asking
    is your kindly help .so that i can come over and know if i can treat
    my deaf hearing problem in any good hospital in your country.because i
    was not born with deafness but because i had an accident.then
    have you as my man love,maybe get married

dear below is the full bank informations of my late father and my id
    information is attached i expect to see your full bank info
    ,if you have decided to help me ontrust.because i have decided to
    builded my trust on you,hope you will not fail me.

DIRECTION: BICICI BAIL BANK, d'Espérey 01 BP Av. de Viajar
    de Franchet 1298 - Abidjan
    Telex: 23870-BICICOMI

email: ( / (

TELE/: 225 20 22 70 52, 225 60 23 16 43
    General director: Madam. Lucas KOUAKOU
    (BANCO de BICI-BAIL-) del d'Ivoire de Côte
    BANK ACCOUNT: 2864173255
    AMOUNT: $9.000.000 DOLLARS

12. Aquarius123

It's a good one, dear Twocky, thanks to your loved one for inspiring you to write. And thank you also for sharing it with us here.

With love - Aquarius

13. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

yvw Aquarius :hug: :hug: :hug:

There was more but I had to edit as the entire text exceeded post character limit
  14. Aquarius123

Protect Yourself Against Scam Emails

With every passing year online fraud and scams are increasing. One of my providers recently sent me an email about fraudulent email activities that contained advice to ensure that in future I should be protected against such threats. This is what they had to say:

Many emails are currently making the rounds that purport to be from well known companies who trade on the internet. To give you an example, the sender informs you that someone is interested in buying your domain name and tells you that it is necessary for you to pay an appraisal fee to assess the value of your domain or that you should have to pay something to protect the interested party from buying your domain name.

Such emails are never from the company they claim to represent. They are scams that have been sent from addresses that appear official but are in no way associated with the company in question. Never click on any of these links, but report them as scam to your email provider and delete them immediately. Whenever you receive any kind of email about which you are in doubt, proceed in this manner.

Scams like the above mentioned are operated by criminals who are attempting to steal your money or fraudulently get your account details to gain unauthorised access to your account. These emails are a serious threat to the security of your account and should be avoided at all costs. If you are in doubt about any email you receive, report it as scam and delete it.

If you receive a suspicious email that appears to be from one of your suppliers or providers, contact them by using any details you may have of them or go direct to the website in question and ask for their advice. They are sure to be more than happy to clear up the matter for you.

So, how can I avoid scam and phishing emails? Here are a few tips to protect yourself against them:

Guard against spam. Be cautious of any email you are not expecting or from unrecognised senders.

Don’t click links. Hover over any links before clicking them. If the link contains a strange address that is different from the email content, don’t click it.

Go direct. Instead of clicking on the links in the email, go to the website directly and tell them about the email you have received and the claims it makes. The company is likely to be grateful to you for helping them to become aware of a scam that is making the rounds in their name.

Personal information. Be aware of any email that asks you to log in and give personal or financial information. The company is likely to want to steal it.

Read warnings. If you follow a link and get an SSL warning message, for example: ‘There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.’ Forget about contacting anyone. Just delete the email.

Protect yourself. Ensure your computer is protected by a firewall, spam filters, anti-virus and anti-spy software.

Update your software. Always update your web browser and email account to the latest versions. The upgrades may include essential security updates and built-in protection you would not want to miss.

Double check. If you ever receive a suspicious email and are unsure whether you should click the link provided, contact the company who sent the email and check with them its authenticity. This takes only a moment, but could save you lots of trouble.

15. Aquarius123

The Blame Game

One Hundred Ways Of Screwing Up Your Life

1. Regret Stuff

Feel sorry about what happened to you. Spend time and energy on things that aren’t even there, but you feel are ‘unsolved yet’. Keep your focus on the past and ignore the present. This is what regrets do: they tie you down to things in the past that don’t matter anymore. As you can’t do anything about them anyway, accept them and move on.

2. Accept to Be Lied To

Even if you know that someone is lying to you, you accept that they are doing this in the name of something ‘bigger’ than you: a family, a career, anything. Let the annoyance this causes you every day eat you up, and although you know the truth still accept that other one’s twisted reality, hoping at some point things will go better. They won’t. And there is no such thing as something bigger than you.

3. Stay in the Wrong Partnership

Wrong partnerships may be both personal or professional. You may think it’s just temporary or even ‘it might be good for you’ but you’re just deluding yourself. Wrong partnerships are nothing but swamps: they’ll slowly drag you down. If you don’t get out of them the moment you realize they’re wrong for you, you’ll become one with the swamp.

4. Succumb to Addictions

Make them ‘bigger’ than you. Call it alcohol or just an addiction to fight. Call it work, as in workaholic, or eating much more than you need. Call it drugs or just an addiction to a person (co-dependence). Giving in to addictions is a conscious act of surrender. You accept to lose a battle. And then another one. Slowly, you’ll going to lose the war.

5. Dream Without Taking Action

Daydreaming is good. It opens your heart to new universes and goals. But daydreaming without action is useless. Sitting on your fat ass while waiting for all your intentions to manifest, without taking the smallest action for moving things forward, won’t change anything. Oh, sorry, it will change something: you ass will be fatter.

6. Sleep More Than You Need

Because you’re too tired of doing the same stupid things again while you’re awake. Or because you’re avoiding your real life, searching for a shallow refuge under the pillow. And, of course, lose all the opportunities you could embrace while you’re sleeping. Becoming an early riser, on the other hand, is more than often priceless.

7. Play The Guilt Card

If you did something wrong, instead of a) assessing what was really wrong, b) learn the lesson and c) move on, play the guilt card. Feel guilty for all the bad things you did, until you start feeling guilty for all the things you did. Playing the guilt card is closely related to religion, but it can occur outside religion too. Just get over it. Guilt can’t pay your rent.

8. Victimize Yourself

If you lost something, act like you’ve lost everything. Be a victim. Ask for other people’s compassion. Play like every people you meet makes whatever omelet he wants from you. Victimizing yourself in exchange of compassion is far more common than you think. It’s contagious too. Just remember you may lose a battle, but that’s not making you a victim.

9. Avoid Introspection

As difficult as it seems, every once in a while you should step back and interview yourself. Bite the bullet and ask yourself a bunch of tough questions. Better give a wrong answer now to a difficult question, but move on with your life, than ignoring what’s going on with you and remain stuck. Introspection always pays forward.

10. Work Harder Than You Can

And ruin your health while pretending you’re sacrificing for the good of the … (fill in the blanks: family, friends, boss, career, planet). You have physical limits and usually that’s a good thing. Breaking up your physical limits in the name of a stupid cause will screw up your life faster than you think. And for a long time. Work smarter, not harder.

11. Don’t Play

Because it’s stupid, it wastes your time and energy and it doesn’t give you any measurable results. Don’t play and lose the only divine thing that you get for free. Don’t play and let your inner child become a gray adult with heavy topics to discuss every minute. Don’t play and watch how your life gets seriously screwed up.

12. Stop Learning

Because you already know too much or because what you will learn will not give you any competitive advantage in the narrow niche you’re playing now. Stop learning because there’s so much to discover that you won’t cover it even in a dozen lifetimes. Stop learning because it gets so difficult and it takes you out of your comfort zone. Yeah, why bother? Screw it!

13. Gossip

Talk bad about other people. That’s a 100% sure way to screw up your relationships, your social credibility, your personal values. The way you talk about people often determines the way you act towards them. Gossip is a heavy weapon and, no matter how skilled you get at using it, it always destroys its owner. Do it often. It will accelerate the decay process.

14. Aim To Be Famous

And do all the stupid things other people expect from famous people in the process. Beg for attention, hunt the hype, dress like a douche. Cheat your friends for the sake of some media visibility or discard your personal life. Being famous is not at all a guarantee that you will automatically live a fulfilling life. Most of the time, the opposite is true.

16. Aquarius123

Finding Peace Of Mind

1) Stop meddling with other people’s business:

Most of us create our own problems by interfering too much in other people’s affairs. We do so to our detriment if somehow we have convinced ourselves that our way is better than somebody else’s and that our logic is a perfect one, and that those who do not conform to our thinking must be criticised and steered in the right direction, namely ours. This kind of thinking shows no respect for the other’s individuality and their intuition, through which the living God within each one of us tells us what is right or wrong, in any given situation. There is no way that someone else can reliably know what that is.

God created each one of us to be unique and special. That is why no two human beings can think or act exactly the same way. Showing love and compassion to someone else’s suffering, whilst carefully minding our own business at the same time, does wonders for our inner state of mind. Lend a sympathetic ear and listen attentively to what the other one has to say, offer them a shoulder to cry on, but resist the temptation to give advice, unless it has been asked for.

2) Forgive:

Love can only flourish where there is an equal measure of giving and taking, as well as the willingness of both parties to forgive. Forgiveness is the most powerful tool for finding peace of mind. There is no point in developing ill feelings for and nurturing grievances against those who insult or harm us. These things may result in loss of sleep, development of stomach ulcers and also high blood pressure.

Once an insult or injury has been done, unless we forgive the perpetrator, nourishing grievances may go on until we finally do so, because our inner self is likely to remind us that an unresolved issue is waiting to be attended to. It is more constructive by far not to waste our precious time on such trifles, but to learn something from every experience, then to forgive, as that frees us to move on to different ones.

3) Do not crave recognition:

The selfishness that is inherent in the character make-up of every human soul is a natural part of the Divine gift of the survival instinct. The older and more experienced the soul becomes, i.e. the more times it has travelled round the zodiac and taken part in the whole gamut of human experiences that are the essential ingredient of our earthly education, the more this selfishness is shed. Until the soul’s enthusiasm is increasingly fired by altruistic and higher motifs for the good of all humankind, instead for the glorification of the self, takes many lifetimes. So, don’t be disappointed when many still react in overly selfish ways.

Don’t be too harsh on anyone, but give thanks and praise to God and the Angels that you have left behind that particular educational phase. Refuse to sit in judgement over anyone, for the simple reason that you know how unwise this is. Your most important lesson now is the practice of showing love and tolerance in all your daily encounters. Attend to it diligently and bear in mind that every person we meet can teach us something. This is particularly true for those who behave unpleasantly towards us. Because we all have everything within, we all have to experience every single one of the expressions of our lower earthly nature, before the ascent into developing the higher and highest aspects of our nature can begin. The blatant selfishness, greed, jealousy and cruelty that some are displaying show those who are already climbing the spiritual mountain how they no longer want to be.

Don’t kill yourself by striving for any kind of recognition; when you have worked hard enough and therefore deserve it, it will come on its own. Patiently, willingly and lovingly do what you have to do to the best of your ability, with honesty and integrity, then hand your work over to God and the Angels and let them do the rest.

4) Forget about being jealous of other people’s achievements:

Nothing disturbs our peace of mind as much as jealousy, when in truth there is never any need for it. Any success that crowns someone’s efforts on the Earth plane has to be worked for very hard at some stage. No success ever falls into anyone’s lap, although on the surface of earthly life this may often appear to be the case, there is no such thing spiritually. Accomplishments have to earned, if this did not happen during someone’s present lifetime, then it is due to the credits its soul has brought with it into this lifetime in the spiritual ledger that accompanies each one of us during the whole course of our evolution. Peace of mind comes through knowing and accepting that all things on our present level of life can only happen for karmic reasons. So, make your peace with the Universe and say: ‘Thy will be done, not mine! Success will come to me, but in Thy time, not mine!’

From the spiritual point of view – the most important one of all – the outcome of every effort we make depends not only on the karmic aspect of what we have brought with us in our spiritual ledger into present lifetime from previous ones, on the credit as well as the debit side. Our inner motivations are of equal importance. What are we hoping to achieve? Are we hoping for material gains and that our enterprise turns into a money-spinning one?

Or are we looking towards our inner guidance to be shown how we can do our share of being about the Father’s business by altruistically serving life on the Earth plane and the One who created it? For example, the suffering of humankind can be alleviated by releasing ever more of us from the dungeon of ignorance and false beliefs, to get us all that bit nearer to the end to the suffering that these things have created for us and our world? As long as we pay attention to what rises from within by doing the things we naturally feel drawn to, we are sure to find what is rightfully ours.

Don’t expect the world to change to accommodate you. Instead, change your character so you fit better into our world.

If you try to change the environment single-handedly, the chances are you will fail. Peace of mind comes through changing ourselves and finding a different perception of our world and our place in it. Through learning to love and accept our world the way it is, an environment we previously perceived to be unfriendly and hostile, can mysteriously change and become more congenial and harmonious.

5) Change the things you can and accept and endure with patience the ones you cannot:

In this way a disadvantage can be turned into an advantage. Every day we all have to tackle inconveniences, ailments, irritations and accidents that are beyond our control. If we cannot control such things or change them, we need to cheerfully and patiently endure them. Proving to ourselves and our world that this is possible helps us to grow in patience, inner strength and willpower, as well as wisdom and understanding.

Know and accept your limitations:

Many take on more responsibilities than they are capable of carrying out. It is essential to know our limitations and refuse to take on additional loads that create nothing but stress for us.

6) Meditate regularly:

Peace of mind can only be gained through reducing our engagements in the material world and spending more time in our inner world. Prayers, meditations, quiet reflections and inner dialogues with our Highest Self, the living God within, soothe and calm the mind. Let Him/Her be your teacher and guide. This is the only place in the whole wide world where truth can be found and where you can safely put all the questions you have always wanted to ask and to which no-one ever seemed to know the right and full answers.

Learn to pay attention to the responses that rise from the very core of your own being at all times. Be patient because this hardly ever happens straight away. Stay as peaceful as you can through resting safely in the knowledge that the answers you are seeking will come. I am one of those who do this by writing down the impressions and ideas that come forth. You might like to try it and maybe amaze yourself at all the things you did not know you knew or rather about the knowledge that rises this way into your consciousness from within the core of your own being.

Meditation calms the mind and diminishes the amount of thoughts that makes it restless. The less cluttered our minds are with everyday thoughts and inner chatter, the greater peace of mind can be achieved. If you meditate earnestly for half an hour every day, your mind is likely to be more peaceful and not as easily disturbed for the rest of that day. Even if you can only spare five or ten minutes each day, benefits can be reaped; it is helpful to gradually increase these periods. Meditation does not interfere with our daily work. On the contrary, it increases our efficiency and we can produce better results in less time.

7) Find the right food for your earthly mind:

It would be all too simplistic to say that an empty mind is the devil’s workshop and that all evil actions start in vacant minds. The earthly mind was given to us for good purpose and we are responsible for what we allow our minds to be filled with. Concentrate on that which is positive and worthwhile. Take up an interesting hobby and do things that hold your attention.

Regularly take stock of your life and decide what you truly value and what is worth more to you: money or peace of mind. Some work and hobbies, for example that of the social or spiritual kind may not always earn you more money, but it will bring you a sense of fulfilment and achievement.

Stop procrastinating and never regret anything, but gratefully learn something from every experience that comes your way, so that through it you may grow more heaven-tall.

Too much time is wasted by endlessly wondering: ‘Should I or should I not?’ Days, weeks, months and years may elapse fruitlessly through this kind of futile mental debating. Learn to go with the flow of your life and respond to the promptings you receive from the Universe and your inner teacher and guide. Accept that the future is not ours to see and that what will be, will be. Forget about planning everything and use affirmations like: ‘That which is for my highest good and my greatest joy is now drawn to me, in perfect ways!’ Then step back to see what the Universe may wish to bring you. Follow Its guidance and seize the opportunities when they come your way. One step at a time, go forwards and give of your best, resting safely in the knowledge that the Universal laws will ensure that only the best can return to you.

Whenever you try something new, it does not really matter whether you succeed or fail. So long as you learn something and make another attempt, if need be many times over, you will succeed in the end. Sitting back and worrying will get you nowhere, but learning from your mistakes and not unnecessarily brooding on the past does. Instead of spending time on regrets and crying over spilt milk, show your willingness to the Universe to cheerfully and courageously move on to new experiences.

At all times, rest safely in the knowledge that your Highest Self is guiding and protecting you. If you but ask, it will show you how your consciousness can expand and your wisdom and understanding of life grow through everything that comes your way.

17. Aquarius123

Today I have something extra special for all those who enjoy travelling and exploring other countries and their customs.
    It is a video that is neither funny nor suitable for the song thread,
    so I have decided to share it with you here:

To Russia With Love

A Journey On The Zarengold – Gold Of The Tsars

Of The Trans-Siberian Railways

It is a video that lasts thirty-five minutes
    and takes us in style and splendour
    through landscapes of breath-taking beauty.

If that sounds good to you,
    Please follow the link below:

‘The Journey’

18. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

I think you need your own forum :O
  19. Aquarius123

Good idea, but I prefer to support this forum, in whatever way I can.

With love - Aquarius

20. Aquarius123

Facts About The Good Old Cucumber

• Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one of them contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.

• Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. They are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates and can provide that quick pick-me-up that may last for hours.

• Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Rub a cucumber slice along the mirror to eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.

• Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans that drives garden pests crazy and makes them flee the area.

• Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too.

• Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache.

• Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries, often by European trappers, traders and explorers for quick meals to avoid starvation.

• Have an important meeting or job interview and you realise that you don't have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a piece of freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.

• Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and the squeak will be gone.

• Stressed out and don't have time for a massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pan of water. The chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber react with the boiling water and are released into the steam, creating a soothing and relaxing aroma that has been shown the reduce stress in particular for new mothers and college students during final exams.

• Just finish a business lunch and don't have gum or mints? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath. The cucumber’s phytochemicals kill the bacteria in your mouth that are responsible for causing bad breath.

• Looking for a 'green' way to clean your taps, sinks and other items of stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean. Not only does this remove years of tarnish and brings back the shine, it also won't leave streaks and harm you fingers or fingernails whilst cleaning.

• Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and markers children have used to decorate your walls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.