Please read if you write lyrics

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by LoD, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoD

LoD Well-Known Member

Hello SF, I've been away from here for a while and I've been doing okay, been practising instruments, singing and am now recording stuff with a friend of mine. Music is basically my key to feeling stable, seeing songs take shape and come to life is just doing it for me.

Now we're in the process of trying to make our own setlist, so we've started writing and recording, which is slower than covering, but fun so far. We're also looking for people who are willing to donate lyrics, anything really, we'll try any idea thrown at us. We'll write some music for it, if you already wrote some music for it, we'll try to work with your basic idea.

We'll try and do your lyrics justice and if we can't, we won't be hitting the studio I'm afraid and just send you a copy of us trying it out, if you so wish to have one, leaving it in your hands. Songs that do work out will be recorded in the studio, mixed, pitched and posted here and used for entertainment purposes if the writer will give us his or her permission. I'm not planning on becoming a famous artist, been in spotlights once, it's just awful if you're not so forgiving on your own mistakes.. So I won't be making lots of money, if any at all with these songs, we'll get back to you if your song happens to become our breakthrough.

This place has been good to me, I've met some wonderful people here and even bumped into someone I knew and I'd like to ask one more thing and hope to give something back to this community by doing this for people who would like to see their song take shape.

TL;DR

I'm in search of lyrics to make songs of, if me and my guitarist think we do your lyrics justice, we'll record it and rehearse it until we have a version we can share here. We practise several evenings a week and have access to studio equipment if it's needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I write lyrics, but maybe they are too stupid, I don't know :tongue: Is there a specific genre or anything you are looking for?

3. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

I write lyrics, too. I can show you any I already have or create new ones.

4. LoD

LoD Well-Known Member

@Souncide; Any of the songs you have will do just fine, see if we can work easily with your style of writing, if we can, I might take you up on that. I have like 6 notebooks full of half-finished lyrics, song ideas and lines, which I still have to dig through for gems.

@Witty; Always worth a shot. And as for the genres...

So far we've got country, blues, rock and reggae which we can decently perform, several subgenres also apply of course. Metal is something we can try as well. We're willing to try out other genres too, but can't promise anything.

I'll try and obtain some of the decent recordings my friend has and post them here, will probably be this friday or saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.