Please reply now... urgent

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Heavenly Star, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Star

Heavenly Star Well-Known Member

I tried to kill myself last night but obviously it never worked. my support worker came to visit me this morning and i am in a right state. really, really distressed and upset. i actually got on my knees and begged her to help me. i told her about the plan i have put in place to kill myself tonight and she has tried to help me as best she can. she rang the crisis team and informed them of how i was feeling and i spoke to them but they were their usual useless self. so she suggested taking me to A&E.
    Part of me wants to go just out of sheer desperation and to plead with them one last time for someone to help me but another part of me knows that they will just say they can't do anything for me and this will make me even worse. i know this from previous experience.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice on what i can do or say to get them to listen to me and help me? I'm going to tell them that i plan on killing myself and will beg them for help. Is there anything in the law that says they must treat me? i'm really desperate for any advice. this is my last chance. please help me.
  2. Drekono

Drekono Well-Known Member

I am sorry your feeling so bad. Im kinda in the same spot as you but would never wish this pain on someone else.

Im not sure about in the UK but i know in the US there are alot of private phychiatric hospitals. If you look around you can find them and they are really good. But the ER and normal hospitals never really send you in that direction. You pretty much have to fidn them on your own. I dont have insurance but it was still covered somehow when i went. Im sorry if this isnt an option for you but maybe you could try looking around on your own? It was really easy to get into them once i found them.
  3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Be honest with them, it's the only way they can help.

Going to A & E is probably the best thing to do, that way you can talk things over with the duty psych. In my experience they will only admit you if you pose an immediate risk to yourself or others, if you have a specific plan & date in mind. If you are vague with your answers they will more than likely send you home & tell you to continue with the CPN, GP, Crisis Team & regular psych.

It's been a few months since my last A & E visit so things may be different now. Each trust probably have different policies too so your experience may be slightly different to mine.

I hope you get the help & support you need.

Take care :console:
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree with try a different hospital a different area and be explicit tell them your tried to kill yourself last night and will continue to do so unless you get help. A different doctors will listen go out of your area and get help.
  5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

6. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

What did the crisis team say? Seems they should really be doing more. I agree going to A&E is the best thing to do.

I did the same once, they kept me in overnight, were very kind to me and I spoke at length with both a psychiatrist and the crisis team the next morning.

It seems to me if you keep making attempts it would probably be a good idea if they keep you in for a while? Just to give you a break, see that you're fed and watered, to have someone to talk to and to see you won't hurt yourself.

Sorry you're in such a nightmare but I do believe you can get through this. I'm a year on from being in this situation myself and I'm doing much better now.

Tc x
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
  7. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Heavenly Star is OK?

They haven't been online since 4th Oct :(
  8. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

9. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

Lovely gesture and brilliant song :)

Fingers crossed for HS.
  10. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

She was last active here October 4th. I really hope that no posts mean that Heavenly Star did find the help they were so desperately searching for. That right now he/she is in hospital safe.
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope so too :(
  12. KayleighKore

KayleighKore Member

hey, i know how you feel, i'm the same.
    have you listened to Hero by Superchick.
    I keep harping on about the song but its so helpful.
    KayleighIsabella x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.