Please.... Somebody help me

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Heavenly Star, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Star

Heavenly Star Well-Known Member

Ok, firstly I'm sorry if i ramble on but i find it hard to find the right words to say. I've had depression for the past year now and it's not getting any better. I'm at my lowest point and i've started to lose control of my own mind. I keep seeing and hearing things that aren't there. I spend hours sat in my room staring out the window without even realising it. I walk around like i'm some sort of zombie unable to feel or do anything. It freaks me out. I told my care co-ordinator about what's been happening but she didn't even care. She said nothing then left. Now i've lost all faith in people and don't feel like i can talk to anybody anymore. My care co-ordinator and my GP are the only people involved in my care and none of them will help me. I went to visit my GP to ask for some more help or support and she said there was nothing she could do. I feel totally helpless. I've been on medication for the past six months but it's not making any difference. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE I can't live like this anymore. it's killing me.

Please somebody help me

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Heavenly Star,

I'm sorry your doctor and care co-ordinator wont help you.

Is there any way you can be referred to another doctor? Tell her your medication isn't making you feel any better and if you have to tell her how low you are feeling right now. Don't give up hun :hug:

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Try to see another doctor. Just because your current doctor and coordinator don't help you for whatever reason, doesn't mean your beyond help or unable to be helped.

4. Milton

Milton Well-Known Member

Definitely try to see another doctor - you should be able to get help at a hospital even if your GP surgery proves unhelpful. Don't give up hope.

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi heavenly star. Maybe the medication is causing you to zone out? Don't give up hun. :hug:

6. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

i would consider seeing another GP , it sounds like your meds are not working for you so maybe that will be a start.
    i would then go back to your care co-ordinator and make him/her understand how you feel.
    but remember there is no quick fix for depression, like a majority of sufferers it may be with you for a long time so curing it may be hard but coming to terms with it and understanding how it makes you feel will be easier.
    knowing what the warning signs are and knowing how to deal with it will help you.

be patient and be strong

7. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

hiya, do you know what triggered off the depression? How are you feeling right now? Hugs.

8. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Hi heavenly star, try keep your chin up. Have you ever tried help lines like samaritains?they can be good in a pinch. Also your a&e will help you to, regardless of what your doc says. Other thank that you are free to talk to us all here, give chat a try, we're a friendly bunch :hug:

9. SOL1

SOL1 Member

Heavenly Star -

I've been there and done that. I know how you feel. And the truth is, no matter where you go or who you talk to, you probably won't get the answers/advice you need or that really helps.
    What helped me, is to try to step back a little and picture myself and my circumstance(s) in a "third person" view. I tried figuring out where it all began, what triggered it, what was a negative influence in my life.

It was hard, but after a couple of days of thinking real hard, trying to remember, I finally got some things straightened out for myself. This didn't cure my depression, but it eased it up a bit.

I'm no doctor or therapist, but if it helped me, maybe it would help you?

Being depressed makes it hard to take a step outside the house. But maybe if you force yourself out, go somewhere where there is hardly anyone. Get some fresh air and think. Just you and mother nature.

In the end, the only person who can help you, is yourself. At least that's true for me.

Wish you the best.

10. Charlie Mine

Charlie Mine Member

I've heard of depression causing extreme tiredness and stuff like that, but not hallucinations. Were you seeing/hearing things that weren't there BEFORE you started the medications? 'Cuz it could be a side-effect of the meds....

What the hell is up with your GP and care-coordinator? Do they not believe you, or is it just hard for you to be assertive enough to get them to understand how much trouble you are really in?

I think calling the ER is a good idea.... Just keep in mind you do have a right to get bitchy if that's what it takes to get people to make your needs their priority!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.