Please Talk To Me !!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by PrincessBear, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessBear

PrincessBear New Member

Hi, my name is Sarah. i lost the love of my life to a car accident 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I have had many a thought of killing myself over the few weeks but know i cant as i have 2 children. But i'm not sure i can survive this ? being without him hurts so much, i cant tell any of my friends about my feelings coz i know they'll worry and i think i just needed to spill my guts and just write it down. i know that killing myself would be wrong but it doesnt stop me from thinking it, all i want is to see him again.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum.

I am SO sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
    I hope it's helped to talk about how you're feeling now :hug:

I would advise you to seek counselling, please see your doctor and tell him how you're feeling. You don't have to suffer like this..

:hug:

3. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss! Writing definitely helps, it's a great way to express your feelings and sort through them.

There isn't much I can say, but I just want you to know that there's nothing wrong with thinking about suicide. Well, that really sounds wrong, but when you compare thoughts to actions, it's true. Ideally, you wouldn't be thinking about it at all, but perfection, as far as I can tell, is simply a goal you'll forever chase, until you become satisfied with what you have.

Major losses are far from fun, all I could suggest is to stay close to your children, and spend some time talking to some of the members of SF. It's a very nice community, you can easily become close to other people, and there are plenty of people willing to listen, that are very easy to talk to.

Seeking counseling definitely isn't a bad idea either.

4. PrincessBear

PrincessBear New Member

Thankyou i really do appreciate your feedback. i know i have to get counselling, its just been one thing after an other over the last few weeks so i havnt had the time (or energy). i do need to do it tho, although im a bit scared saying all these feelings out loud to someone.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I know counselling is very scary at first..but after the first few sessions and when you start to feel at ease with her,it will be much different. It also helps to write things down beforehand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.