please tell me it gets better

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Oceans, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

when will the light shine? The darkness surrounds me.
  2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

There might be times when it will get better, or it won't be as hard as it is right now. How is your support in terms of therapy, social support etc?

It did get better (hugely), but it took me a long long while and it involved one other person, I fell in love etc etc. .er....

I hear what a dark time you're going through right now :hug:
  3. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

even if we don`t see it, the sun is always there for us. Sometimes you just need to let everything out. Seeeing a professional is a really good idea because they can help you to see the way things are, and how can it get better.Depresion split people from real world fading the real you, letting only a shadow of what it used to be. Don`t fade ino darkness, Stand up! Smile even if you don`t feel like,do some exercise, take a shower and let evrrything out. you can tell us if you want, we`re always ready to hear you^^
  4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I too want to believe that it will get better:sad:
  5. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

when we die
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

7. breaking

breaking Active Member

I wish I could tell you that it does and stays that way. And having someone to love helps, but I have not been that lucky and in fact, I think my depression from my divorce actually worsened my ability to trust and form any kind of pair bond.

Someone said despression skews your thinking and warps the way you see things. If that is the case, I will be warped for as long as I am here. I can't really find much of anything that makes me happy. The world is my stage where I perform daily ... bouncing around the office in the cube farm laughing and being jovial to everyone. They always know me as all smiles and laughs and jokes. Little do they know when I leave that parking garage and hit my front door, it's like I walked into a worm hole .. I've hit the event horizon of my black hole and no one is the wiser to my inner torture. There it is, your alternate reality .. the one you don't want anyone to see. I wonder really what people think of me .. what they really see .. who they really see. I'll never know.
  8. Falcon0006

Falcon0006 Well-Known Member

I just force myself to have rebelling thoughts against my parents and the one's around me so I can appreciate the value of freedom, so that when I am on my own I can do whatever I want and not feel at all low on myself. Then Find a talent that's easy to do and pretty much impossible to Fail in, and be critisised Severely, and put yourself into it.

Half of the problem sometimes is that you turn to blaming yourself rather then other people. Might aswell start to blame others.
    I thought to myself I can't find happiness anywhere, Im a failure, I muck up everything. Then I realised, nothing is down to my own flaws, as I have been so Poorly raised by my parents and brothers, that I have turned into the person I am today not to own personal faults.

If you can find your happiness with freedom, And provide for yourself, you can then more freely open your eyes to the rest of the world.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.