Please vote... Part 2 (My friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.

touglytobeloved

For those who dont know me: Im ugly, I have health problems, Im sad, depressed, suicidal. Dont want to die, but I cant live anymore. Because of my situation I will never find love (and I cant live without love, its the only thing that I care about now). Also, I love HER so much, that I cant bread without her, but I know that she can NEVER love me.

So, the second question:
Should I tell him (my friend who knows that I love her so much and Im depressed) that Im suicidal?

(if its not hard for you, write your posts with RED colour, if you think I should not tell him, and with BLACK colour if you think I should tell him)

nagisa

Staff Alumni
I would probably go ahead and tell this friend. It is best to have someone to talk to about this and since he is already informed about how you feel about the girl it will be easier.

trux

It depends whether you know you can count on him or not. For example, if you don't want him to tell anyone, you have to be sure he's not the kind of people who would.
So if that's the case, I guess you can tell him. That's what I've done, except no one has taken me seriously

I'm posting in dark red because I can't tell you one way or the other. It depends on exactly why you want to tell him and on how you think he will react. Are you just telling him in hope of having hus sympathy, are you trying to push him away, or do you genuinely need to talk to someone in person about it? He may not react the way you expect, either. He may freak out or become angry when you tell him. Has the topic of suicide ever come up in your conversations? What is his opinion about suicide?
It's good that you have a friend who's there for you. Just make sure you broach the topic carefully.
:hug:

Last edited by a moderator:

touglytobeloved

I would probably go ahead and tell this friend. It is best to have someone to talk to about this and since he is already informed about how you feel about the girl it will be easier.
I hope it will be nice to have someone to talk, but he might tell my family (and if someone needs to tell them, I should be the one), I dont know how he will react, I know he would like to help me, but there is no help, and also, I know he doesnt have a good opinion about suicide (but who does?).

Last edited by a moderator:

touglytobeloved

It depends whether you know you can count on him or not. For example, if you don't want him to tell anyone, you have to be sure he's not the kind of people who would.
So if that's the case, I guess you can tell him. That's what I've done, except no one has taken me seriously
If I tell him, he would take me seriously, but the fact is, I dont really know how he will react.

I'm posting in dark red because I can't tell you one way or the other. It depends on exactly why you want to tell him and on how you think he will react. Are you just telling him in hope of having hus sympathy, are you trying to push him away, or do you genuinely need to talk to someone in person about it? He may not react the way you expect, either. He may freak out or become angry when you tell him. Has the topic of suicide ever come up in your conversations? What is his opinion about suicide?
It's good that you have a friend who's there for you. Just make sure you broach the topic carefully.
:hug:
He thinks that suicide is cowardly, and there is always choice, because he doesnt have an unsolvable problems, so its normal to have an opinion like this.
How will he react?............I really dont know.
What I want to achieve with this?...............Just to have someone to talk about in person, with someone who really knows me. I mean, I can talk about it here, on Sf, on msn, I have made a lot of good friends here, they are always here for me, and I am for them, but its not the same, because they dont really know me in person.

nagisa

Staff Alumni
Having the opinion that he does about suicide he might not respond in the way you need him to. Yes, he may feel like he has to tell someone (probably a normal response). He might get angry but also really scared.

IMO I think it is best if you get a counselor.

Having the opinion that he does about suicide he might not respond in the way you need him to. Yes, he may feel like he has to tell someone (probably a normal response). He might get angry but also really scared.

IMO I think it is best if you get a counselor.
Im afraid of his reaction, you told the things that scares me: angry, scared...

almosteasy

He might react well, he might not. It depends on his personality. If hes not really immature, I would take a chance and tell him. If he doesnt react well, just dont bring it up again.

Summer.Rain

Well.. all my freands know im siucidal... it good that thay know coz' sometimes i dessapire for month or so locked in my house and not answaring phones, thay know why and undarstand me, even though thay keep checking how im doing, heh in realy bad times thay even break into my house uninvited and just sitting there smoking drinking and watching tv, thay know i hate it but then.. thay wount let me fall into negative thoughts in my head... so i dont do much about it =)

Well.. all my freands know im siucidal... it good that thay know coz' sometimes i dessapire for month or so locked in my house and not answaring phones, thay know why and undarstand me, even though thay keep checking how im doing, heh in realy bad times thay even break into my house uninvited and just sitting there smoking drinking and watching tv, thay know i hate it but then.. thay wount let me fall into negative thoughts in my head... so i dont do much about it =)
Seems you have a really good friends. This is the way I would like him to act if I told him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00