Please watch this Video * Trigger Warning *

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but I think "vegans" or vegetarians are about the dumbest people on the planent. Protein is essential to the body. Health experts even say so... why deprive yourself of something you need in order to be healthy? Technically, you're being inhumane either way... think about it. Health experts say protein is needed: so your being inhumane to yourself by depriving it from your health. Just my opinion though. And also, you vegetarians... theres something called the food chain. Animals themselves follow it, and brutalize other animals. We are doing nothing but the same; you can't call it wrong, and you can't call it right.
Gotta say, i almost couldn't have put it better myself

That is just cruel, yeah, lets torture animals so we can get fat a discusting .. yay! you know beans are a source of protein?
True as that may be, its not cruel. And did you know, that Bean plants are living things too? Even though they don't SEEM to live they are indeed alive. So Vegans and Vegitarians are killing just as much as anyone else :P

That and there is a difference between hunting to eat, and hunting for plesure.. I do other things for pleasure :P

J
I know I'm stating the obvious here, but being vegetarian (or what most people call "vegan" but is actually what a real vegetarian is) is a personal choice. To me personally, I only buy meat from a butchers nearby where I know he kills the animals humanely; meaning they don't suffer or feel any pain. Animals shouldn't know they're about to die, they have feelings just like we do and most likely don't want to die.

Studies on whether people are actually healthy following a vegetarian lifestyle has shown that it depends on their body type, lifestyle, and health. Someone who is small and slim (typically found in Indian cultures for example) are more suited to a vegetarian diet and could live quite healthily on one. But a six foot nine largely built Scottish dude who plays rugby is likely to need a high protein diet; more protein than a vegetarian diet can provide each day for him anyway.

Personally I could not live off a vegetarian diet, I'm five foot nine, still young, and suffer from anemia. If I was vegetarian I would be extremely ill, I eat meat twice a day, take Iron supplements, and still am told by my doctor I don't have enough protein in my diet.:blink:

It's insulting that you call vegans and vegetarians "Dumb" when your post reflects the lies fed to you by the meat industry.

Protein is in all foods, and is certainly more abundant in fruits and veggies than anything the meat or dairy industry churns out. I've been vegan since conception. I'm 19 now. There are thousands like me. The evidence just doesn't agree with you.

And please tell me you're not attempting to compare the brutal practices of factory farming with one animal killing another for survival in the wild...

Um... maybe you're extremely ill because your body is rejecting something we were never meant to consume...?

PLease go do some research on protein. It's getting very annoying. I feel as though I'm shouting into the ear of a beef industry CEO.

me1

Firstly, i have no interest in the what the bible says, unless any claim therein can be tested and demonstrated to be factual. Blind-faith does not interest me at all. Secondly, i seem to recall that in it's original, undoctored form, "god" (if that's who you believe is "talking") explicitly stated that "every seed bearing plant" was for food, i.e. frugivory.

http://bible.cc/genesis/1-29.htm

This position is corroborated by contemporary scientific understanding of biochemistry, comparative anatomy and epidiemiology, et al.

As for false claims about protein. Here is some science:-

http://www.ecologos.org/pp.htm
http://www.ecologos.org/pro.htm

The whole myth about animal source protein being superior is based upon rat studies! Human findings later contradicted this erroneous belief. All of which is explained here:-

http://www.nealhendrickson.com/mcdougall/031200puprotein.htm

It was found, through human experimentation, that a diet consisting solely of potatoes, could by itself provide for the biological protein requirements of our own species, with no need even for concentrated sources of plant protein, such as beans, nuts, seeds, etc.

As for false smear claims about vegetarians being "dumb", studies show quite the opposite:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6180753.stm

It was discovered that people who measured a higher IQ at a young age were much more inclined to question their dietary/lifestyle programming and explore vegetarianism as they got older.

I will not watch the video b/c i think it's cruel. And my view on vegetarianism etc. To each his/her own. Who are we to judge people based on what they choose to eat??

Puddytat

yeah i dont care why people become vegetarian, its their choice, along w/ many other lifestyle choices, you dont have to agree w/ them, i dont agree w/ everything but im not going to shove my belief down anyones throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00