please.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by JustKindaThere, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

somebody please explain to me how to be happy because I don't fucking know.

2. JustKindaThere

There is no help for me

3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I believe that there is help for you, being happy is another thing but I feel that it is something that can be obtained,
    I myself, I use to be happy or felt I was, I never had to go looking for it, I never thought about it, I guess I was just happy as a child
    often is, it didn't take much. Today on the other hand, I guess I never bother to think about it any more, but it is because I don't think I ever will be again!
    First the help, I think that you can find some here, it would be difficult for me right now to know what kind you are looking for, I am not trying to be smart, I don't know what kind you need! I have seen you around here but unfortunately I have never talked to you!
    today you sound upset, I will try to help, if I can with both.

4. FarmerSara21

FarmerSara21 Member

It is very common to hear, "Follow your heart" or "Find your passion."
    I think after hearing it so many times, people forget what that truly means. Some have trouble identifying that passion.
    To me finding your passion is simple. Everyone has one passion they've experienced before. When you're doing that thing, nothing else in the world matters. Your mind is clear. Your troubles wash away, even if just for a moment.
    It's the one thing that you'd choose to do if money, parents, friends, and obligations weren't a factor. You have to find this one thing. It's the most important thing you'll ever do in your life. Once you find the thing your intuition calls for, do that thing. Don't let anything stop you. Make that your priority. Find time every day to get closer to that one thing.

By practicing what you love, you learn to forgive yourself and heal. You learn that you are worth something to this world, and your bad experiences have simply been a very long and difficult lesson to help you share your wisdom with others.

5. JustKindaThere

I'm passionate about sleeping for many many hours. That's about it. Lol.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Just want you to know you have been heard. I am sorry you are feeling this way and wish I could make it all better but since I can't just know I am here if you need someone to talk to.

7. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Hey man I've been where your at more times than I can count and I just want to tell you I always survived and saw better times. Im not sure how to be happy either, but I do know that happiness always returns eventually. If you want to talk more about what's bothering you feel free to tell us

2 people like this.
  8. Lazarusz

Lazarusz Member

A human being trying to reach happiness, it's like a dog trying to chase its own tail. Some of them grab it, but the moment lasts only a few seconds. And after that brief happiness, a long-lasting pain takes the place.

If you've got the patience and the time, read that: Schopenhauer’s Extreme Self-Help for Pessimists
    http://www.spring.org.uk/2008/01/schopenhauers-extreme-self-help-for.php

9. JustKindaThere

I cannot put into words how god fucking awful i feel.

10. JustKindaThere

Am i the only person who knows what its like to feel suicidal every second of the day or what. I feel like a fucking alien. I cant relate or connect to fucking ANYBODY.

11. JustKindaThere

Its not possible for me to feel happy. Doesnt matter where i am or what im doing. Im not happy. I dont deserve to be happy apparently.

12. JustKindaThere

Its not possible for me to feel happy. Doesnt matter where i am or what im doing. Im not happy and im tired of fooling myself into thinking that i am. It doesnt work anymore. Im also tired of being fucked over by people i get close to, which isnt often at all. Ive reached this point where other peoples happiness pisses me off, and i want to destroy it.

13. JustKindaThere

I cant keep living in this state.

14. True-Lee

No! You are not the only, You are not the First, You are not the last, I am sorry no first place anythings for most of this stuff, Well?? um? I have to say you just connected to me, I have felt like that too! not the alien I don;t know what one is supposed to feel like in any case I do hear you though! I am not sure so I will not say if we are relating! I have a migraine right now on top of feeling like all the things you have mentioned, I am not sure if that is a new category I am really sorry that you feel that way! II am not trying to be wise or a smart ass, I do feel that way! not that smart some times cuz no one likes smart ones! Shrugs!

15. Tutsy13

Tutsy13 Active Member

Take 40mg of Prozac ! That makes me pretty happy (or at least represses crying) and I have been on it for 20 years! It's my miracle drug.

16. True-Lee

I really do not think that for most of us you do not have to put how you feel into words, I feel that way a lot of the time, you are not alone, I right now am on day 6 of a migraine, with a total feeling of helplessness, I right now would end my life if I could! I could probably make the attempt, but like most things in life, there are no guarantees it would work, I know I have tried before more then 6 times in addition to being in an industrial accident, 2 times in my life I have gone over and come back, not willingly I might add, I have a DNR now, I am not to be resuscitated ever again. So I will say again, I like most people in here know how YOU Feel! I wish I did not!
    I do hope that you can pull out of it because it is now way to be. I am truly sorry, I don't like it either! Be Kind to yourself, Be gentle to yourself because the world will not be!

17. Aeneas

Aeneas Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the problem with a lot of people's idea of happiness is that it is this deep and complex emotion. But that's the pleasant thing about happiness, is that it's very simple.
    If you want some very simple tips for a simple state of mind, stop thinking so long and hard about your problems. Although to your mind, you think being wrapped up in problems is your way of solving them, it's actually not. You're probably dwelling as a form of emotional self-abuse. So, to stop that, try actually not looking at the problem, (counter-intuitive, I know.) but rather, try saying to yourself, "It's all going to work out. I don't know how, and I don't care when. But nothing bad can last forever."
    And already that's half your problem solved.
    Once you've changed your operative thinking, try to manage your stress levels and anxieties by forcing yourself to socialize, even if you're worried about social consequences. Just being around people is a good way to be happy. Human beings are the most social organisms on the planet earth, there's an entire science revolving around the concept of human beings needing social stimulus to feel biologically safe, secure and happy.
    Isolation is a form of punishment in most countries, so why do that to yourself? It's not fair.
    Furthermore, try to make sure you're getting enough sunlight and exercise. 15 minutes in the sun per day is sufficient, but it's usually better to get exercise outside. The fresh air, that's not being circulated and filtered through a system is received better in the lungs and helps increase blood flow and oxygen in the blood, this can help with sleep and vitality.
    And lastly, (and this is the hard part) try to smile. Your brain needs chemical cues to produce emotion. Now, between your simple though changes, and minor behavior adjustments, now you need to start showing the by product of happiness. Which is to smile. Don't wait for an excuse to smile, that's what Eeyore does. Simply by smiling, you change your whole attitude. You're actually sending your brain the chemical signal that you are happy. It will respond and produce those chemical cues to ratify your decision?
    Don't believe me? You do the exact same thing to enter into a state of depression. Your face probably becomes either melancholy or expressionless, and so too goes your ability to feel positive feelings.
    But I can promise you, that if you try these few simple tricks, you will feel much better. But keep building positive support structures, and developing self confidence, and you can challenge the world to be what you want it to be.
    And if you're just going through a rough romantic period, don't stress.
    Hope this helps! You're awesome!

18. JustKindaThere

Im at this point where my dreams are better than reality and i only want to sleep all day. I dont care to be awake. I dont want to be awake in this fucked up state that theres no cure for. Im tired of sitting here desperately trying to occupy myself woth dumb shit. Theres no reason to go outside. I dont care to work. I dont care to have friends or socialize. I just want to sleep.

19. JustKindaThere

the thought of getting up and going to work every day makes me want to kill myself. the thought of getting up and just brushing my teeth makes me want to kill myself. im done with existing now. i want my exit.

20. JustKindaThere

I dont even know why i bother posting here. I dont give a shit to make any friends here, or get help, cuz i know i cant be helped by anyone in this state. I basically just come here to bitch and whine, since thats all im capable of doing anymore. All i can say is when your dreams are better than reality, its time to die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.