pleased to have found SF

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by franticpheasant, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello all - another newbie lands in your laps (accidentally)

i've called myself frantic pheasant - as that's just how my head has been off late - as loopy and as confused as a scared and frantic pheasant - not knowing which way to run, where to hide or what to do - and in all likelyhood the silly thing is going to get hurt if it doesn't calm down.

you'll have to bear with me - as i tend to liken my personality traits with animals - don't worry (i'm not really mad - and there are only 23 of them :pullinghair: )

difficult to know what else to say - other than the pheasant was getting out of control - so i asked GP to refer me to MHservices, because of life long suicidal thoughts etc. i'm in my forties yet never talked to anybody about this before - EVER. so it was really really hard to ask for help - and to be honest i was disappointed with the initial outcome (albeit that was parly my fault)

i've spent my whole life running, hiding, moving on, carrying a bucket of sand and a headful of nonsense - and now i've found you guys.

anyway
    step 1 - i asked for help - but will have to see what comes of that
    step 2 - the frantic pheasant is currently under control
    step 3 - i am now ready to admit that i "may" have a few issues that could do with addressing
    step 4 - i join SF

2. Liquid Jello

Liquid Jello Well-Known Member

hi and welcome to SF. hope you find it booth informative and supportive. there are a lot of really good and caring people here. least that's been my experience since joining the site a mere two weeks back. and btw, I'm impressed to see you taking steps to deal with difficult stuff. (that can be hard to do even when things are going mostly alright.) good job!

tc,

chuck

3. Hi and welcome to the forum. :hug:

Please stay safe and continue posting. :)

4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Frantic, welcome to SF. Its a good group of people. Not really answer providers, but really good support providers. Hope you will drop into the Chat Room too.

I have had suicidal thoughts since my teens; am over 60 now. Never really shared it with doctors, because I do not want to wind up in the hospital. But I am still here, so the suicidal thoughts can be beaten.

5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hello FP - love the descriptiveness of your name! You have a great deal of self-awareness, and a lot of wisdom to have found SF and join in - it's the best, most genuine site on the internet, I reckon! Sure you will find heaps of support and encouragement and some insights from others who find themselves in the same boat :)

6. thanks all
    i have briefly ventured into the chatroom today - and it was nice to chat a bit - although it feel really odd, chatting to complete strangers about things that i have never been able to talk about before.

i will drop in from time to time - but i have a few physical issues to contend with also - in the uk i'm classed as disabled - although i must say that i hate that label - just as i hate mental health issue labels etc (probably why i've spent a lifetime trying to avoid them)

but hey - i do feel more easy with myself - now that i have found you all. it will take time for me to get my head around talking openly about certain issues - but i have made a start, now i have to bite the bullet and try and get a diagnosis (if possible) for my what i call my magnetism (that will be the positive v's negative conflicts in my head) - and i'll just take each day as it comes - i doubt there will be a day that i won't ask myself if today is a good day to die - but whilst i can reply to that question with a no, then there is indeed hope (not that i believe in hope either, if i'm truly honest - but i do try to convince myself sometimes)

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

labels are horrid things, in my opinion - more about keeping the authorities satisfied that they are able to classify into boxes...... Please don't feel, franticpheasant, that you have to spill all when you're here, there's no obligation to do anything that you are not entirely comfortable with :)

Regarding head conflicts - I think that these are perfectly normal. Our minds are filters, and in order to filter stuff they need to consider the implications of the thoughts...... I look upon all of this as just 'options' - and that is the mind's job, to consider options...... even the "abnormal" ones - we don't have to get upset about them, it's just our filter, and we can visualise a great wheelie (refuse/rubbish) bin that opens and they can go in there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.