Pleasure VS Pain

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Dying A Hero, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dying A Hero

Dying A Hero Member

I hate God because God is evil.

Mark Twain's Diatribe

“...a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honourably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!”
    Mark Twain

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?"
    - Epicurus

Pleasure is good and pain is evil and don't let some priest tell you differently.

If you were feeling pleasure instead of pain you would not want to die because you would be having too much fun. God is evil for bringing us so much pain.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I don't think that pain is evil. I think it's just a tool to grow. When pain becomes excessive and unbearable, that is a way to know I need to make drastic changes or I'm in trouble.

3. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Not because I do not believe in any such god, but why is it that when things never work out for people, they instinctively blame god? If one were truly religious, they would not be so quick to make god out to be a scapegoat for all of their troubles or pains, but rather accept their own misfortune and work to set things right for themselves.

4. pit

pit Well-Known Member

As I posted ages ago, God is evil because an orgasm lasts a few seconds while pain via injury and illness can last a lifetime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.