plz help

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by 04jwilliams, Dec 2, 2009.

1. 04jwilliams

04jwilliams Active Member

hiya,
    I used to post on this forum some of u may remember me, basically I have had a pretty bad life as I have been continually abused by my step dad for the last 8 years and more recently mum too. Social services have been involved and me and my 10 year old sister were on the child protection register for 6 years. but they arn't involved anymore and i've also been in care before. But right now i'm living with my parents but things arn't getting any better. My parents drinking is a major problem which they don't admit they have a problem and i have also found out that my step dad does cocaine reguarly aswell as him and my mum doing weed which I knew about so they are spending money we don't have on drugs which is making them so paranoid all the time not helping things. I'm 17 now and have tried to get a house or flat of my own through the council and local hostels where I have been on the waiting list for a year but nothing works and they don't have any spaces as i'm not considered to be in need as much as other people. To top things off in september this year we got evicted from our house as we didn't pay the rent and we haven't been able to fnd anywhere else to live so the four of us are staying with my nan in her 2 bed bungalow. We did manage to find a house which we were decorating and things were finally looking up as we were due to move in this saturday. But then yesterday the landlord pulled out 4 reasons I won't go in2 but we have been left with nothing yet again. We can't get a house through estate agents cos we won't pass credit checks so its very limited what we can get and that was r onli hope now its gone. I don't know how much longer we have got 2 stay at my nans for but she doesn't want us here. Everythings making me so depressed and i have noone to talk 2. plz help x

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so sorry you are being put in this position. Can your nan just kick your parents out and keep you and your sister. I hope you can talk to school coundillors about what is happeining get them involved. Keep talking here okay and to friends teachers councillors anyone so you don't feel alone in this.

3. 04jwilliams

my nan doesn't want any of us here, yes she has been realli kind in taking us in but she wouldn't keep me and my sis as she doesn't realli want any of us here. And as 4 school, i left last summer and am doing a 6 week college course that ends this week so there is no1 2 talk to apart from my friends and ppl on here. Thank you 4 listenin tho x

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Are you able to work?? If you can hold down a job you can file to be an immancipated child.. Then you can get your own place..Even if you have to get a roommate it's got to be better than the environment your in..You can have your sister come stay with you on the weekends to give her a break from your parents..What ever you decide I think getting a job is the way out..

5. 04jwilliams

I work but only 8 hours a week. whats an innanciapated child? I really hope I can do that is something i've never looked into before.
    Thanks for suggesting it x

6. Sammon

Sammon Member

mate i never new about never mentioned about the cocaine how come u never said??? u didnt mention about the stuff with the house/flat going wrong. how are things with ur mum and dad atm??? i no its like middle of jan now but still let me know yea? xx