Pmd/pd

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Brandon, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

Anybody else diagnosed with PMD (psychotic major depression)? If so, how do you cope? I came off my meds about a month ago and shit has been hectic ever since (and no i'm not going back on them). I'm just wondering how you all coped before you were prescribed meds, if at all. I'm fucking going crazy here trying to survive :unsure: ...

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I have not been diagnosed exactly and frankly I don't ask for a diagnosis from my doctor really...last time we talked major depression was the issue but Manic Dep/Hypomania has been on and off the table.
    What are the symptoms of PMD vs. Major Depression?

3. Brandon

4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

My uncle has PMD...
    I think he's had it for a very long time-- since before I was born.
    He's been doing really well lately; since he quit doing recreational drugs. I'm not sure what meds he's on- but they seem to level him out quite a bit...

He also paints and sculpts, probably 13 hours a day. It's the only thing he does besides eat on most days-- it keeps him calm and happy.
    Perhaps getting a constructive hobby might help you a bit?

5. Brandon

possibly. music used to help as a distraction but doesnt really work anymore. and what i've doing lately, well, lets just say it isnt very productive. thanks for the advice, i'll give it a shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.