Podcast?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Williamstuckinarut, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Williamstuckinarut

Williamstuckinarut Well-Known Member

What are some podcast you listen to?
    Listening to anything scientific helps me a lot at night making insomnia a little more bearable :)

I listen to Science magazine or Startalk with Neil Degrasse Tyson when I want something more "light". Sometimes creepypasta if my mood is up, my favourite one is CreepyMcPasta.

So what podcast do you reccomend?

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm blind, so I listen to a lot of podcasts relating to technology for the blind.

3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

You'll laugh at this, my favorite Podcast is called "Adventures in Dowsing" from the British Society of Dowsers. That stuff fascinates me :)
    Brian

4. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

I love audio books but outside sports I never really found podcasts that suits me. I will try the science ones suggested.

Is there sites with a lot of podcasts??

5. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I get them on iTunes, there are lots and they're free.

Northern likes this.
  6. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

http://feed.thisamericanlife.org/~r/talpodcast/~5/EvSLpcf-C8k/589.mp3

I listened to this great podcast lately. It was an episode called Tell me I'm fat from the This American Life podcast. It was partly based on Lindy West’s book Shrill which seem amazing. It's a book about a fat women who learned to be happy. There is another great story in the podcast.

I use pocket casts, I found great podcasts. This american life is one, WTF with Marc Maron is another.

Brittless likes this.
  7. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Found another podcast I really like: The Dollop. It's humoritic stories of (real) american people thorough history. Some episodes are very funny and I always learn stuff.

8. iam

iam SF Supporter

I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks. My favourite podcast is Richard Herrings Leicester Square theatre podcast. He interviews other comedians mainly. There always good fun. The Stephen Fry episode is very good. It's amazing how many comedians suffer from depression, in fact probably most of them do

9. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, welcome to the forum. . I would appreciate if could post a link or put a link on your profile. Thank you for offer of the podcasts for other members,