Point of living

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by bimmer23, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bimmer23

bimmer23 Guest

Hello people, I have been depressed (i hate that word by the way), for 5years and i went to doc and recently got antidepressants for the past 8 months, they didnt work for anything, i havent really felt happy almost any of the days these past 5 years, the only damn time i felt extremely happy is when i took a ecstasy pill, how f***** sad huh, i had to take a damn pill to make me feel human, love life, feel very very happy, i used to get that natural high before i was depressed but now its impossible, so lately ive been thinking if ur stuck in pain what is the purpose of living? on every forum i read everybody is so against suicide and its just a bad thing to humanity, when in my opinion i think if ur in horrible pain and u have no way out, suicide is the only solution for you, i dont see why u have to keep dwelling with pain for years and years, whats the point of living like this, everybody always says "ull see the light at end of the tunnel" and my god i havent seen a tad bit and im pretty sure i will never see it

2. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I guess if I knew what the point of life was, I wouldn't be here. I hope you can work things out.

3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

What is the point indeed? I have yet to find one... well aside from being a worker drone to better someone elses life.

I find that people who do not understand us WANT to understand us. They want to feel our pain. They feed us lines of hope and inspiration. Telling us to hold out for just a while longer to be happy. Most are convinced that if we hold out we will find someone or something to make us happy.

But people do not understand. I find that the most happy go lucky people out there do not understand our strifes and pain because everything has come easily to them.

I don't know what to say.... except do not rely on the estacy. That will only make things worse. All that is is a pill that forces your body to release all the happy feeling chemicals at once.

I guess I will say, that you need to look at it the way I do. I say "I have survived 5 years what is another 5?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.