Pointless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hollyx3x, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollyx3x

Hollyx3x New Member

people always say "hold on and things will improve" well, I'm pleased if that works for most, but for me the holding on is unbearable. I cant see past hour by hour, yet Ive gone on like this for months, life is about quality not quantity :(

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry it is such a difficult time for you now.... would you like to share the nature of what is going on and maybe we can offer some advice for at least a few hours of relief ?

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That is a very true statement, quality over quantity. What is going on in your life now that is making things seem so bleak? What can we do to help? :arms:

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, I'm getting tired of holding on too. Maybe if you tell us a bit about what's going on, we'll be able to help you.

5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. People say life gets better because it makes them feel better about how much better they have it. They also want to relate to your pain. I have long since stopped believing it. More humans than not are doomed to misery and there is nothing they can do but lie to themselves. Which is why it seems to be taking forever for my cat to die.

6. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear that things are down for you. Life is about quality and not quantity, but there is also truth in that nothing worth obtaining is obtained for free. We all suffer and life can be very long, so months is a short measurement in time... even when those are horrible months to endure. Life is not like a new car, or new home to move into, a school or job that is or is not fine. Those things are all temporary, and they come and go and can be gained or lost and gained and lost or discarded or abandoned time and time again throughout a lifetime. Life itself comes only once, and through the suffering and the pain there is always hope of something for the future. The future may not be in months, it may be in years... but because there is only one life we each are given, and because life can be long, then we must look at it in a different manner than we do material things. Personally, I have been on top of the world, then on the bottom, then on top again. I've seen the worst imaginable things happen and directly affect me, and then other times great surprises, joys, and rewards. During those low points, it doesn't seem that the good will ever come. And when there are good times, there is always that pending doom that things can fall apart again. Definitely life is not easy, but nothing good comes to us without a fight. A struggle today may lead to a joy tomorrow. The secret of succeeding in life is to find the strength and understanding to look far into the future and to project plans and goals and dreams that though we hope for them in hours, that we realize may be years in the making.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.